Episode 16 Chapter 52

Cassie stood in the backroom of Deaton's animal clinic as she prepared for her and the pack's plan. Katherine was beside her, helping her with the potion.

"Then, add the mistletoe and crush it with the valerian," Katherine instructed.

Cassie followed her words. She put the mistletoe into the mortar where the already crushed valerian was in. She then dug into the mistletoe leaves with the pestle, trying to crush it into a powder like substance.

"Good. Good, you're doing a good job for your first potion."

"No, really? I couldn't tell from the first two 'goods'," Cassie sarcastically replied. Katherine raised a brow at her, making her sigh. "Sorry."

Cassie then took the dagger from off the table. She pressed the sharp tip of it into her index fingertip, wincing at the pinch of slight pain. She let her blood roll off her finger and drop into the mortar.

A puff a smoke suddenly exploded in the mortar, making both her and Katherine back away. She coughed slightly, wafting the smoke away. Katherine stepped forward and examined the potion.

Cassie then came beside her and scooped the powder-like substance into a ziplock bag. She held her breath, careful not to breathe it in as a small puff of it went into the air.

"I don't understand why you're making the potion instead of just doing a spell. A spell would be easier, you know. Potions require all these ingredients that if you get just a tiny detail wrong, it'll blow up in your face," Katherine said. "Literally."

"Well, I've never made or attempted to make a potion before, so I figured why not. Besides, if it doesn't work, I can just do a spell like you said."

She then lifted up the bag to her face once it was closed and smiled in satisfaction when she saw her work. She showed it off to her mother who just plastered a half smile on her face and nodded.

--

Cassie, Allison, Lydia, Scott, Malia, and Argent were all in the car, waiting outside the armory for the right time. Issac, Liam, Theo, and Kira were out doing the other part of the plan.

Cassie was in the front, being squished by Lydia who was also in the front seat. In the backseats, Allison was crammed in between Scott and Malia. Argent was in the driver's seat.

Cassie tried to keep her breaths steady and even as she concentrated on keeping them and the car invisible to everyone's eyes. Everyone in the car could see each other, but no one outside of it would be able to.

Everyone else kept on lookout to see if Gerard's soldiers would be leaving the armory yet, so they could break in.

A text notification beeped in Lydia's phone. The banshee let out a breath of relief when she saw it and looked back at the rest of them.

"It worked," she notified.

"It's about time," Malia muttered before beginning to get out the car.

"Wait," Scott spoke, making her stop.

She pulled back and listened closely, hearing heartbeats. "I hear them too."

"Hear what?" Allison chimed in.

"Heartbeats," Scott replied, glancing at her.

"How many?" Argent asked.

Scott started to listen more intently. "Ten?"

Malia shook her head. "More."

Lydia sighed impatiently. "Are we breaking in or not?"

"Not," Argent said. "The armory should be empty by now."