Episode 16 Chapter 22

Cassie and Stiles watched through the grated door as Parrish walked up to the group of chimeras.

They could tell every one of them were terrified out of their minds. Anxiety rolled off of them as Parrish came closer and closer to them with his teeth bared and covered with flames and ash. Then Theo came back with Lydia; his hand right on her throat getting ready to tear it out.

Cassie's attention was quickly grabbed with this threat. She wanted to go out there and tear his head right off for even thinking to threaten Lydia like that. But she knew she wasn't strong enough. She knew that if she went out there, it'd just make everything worse. So, she stayed where she was although it took all her strength to not go out there and try.

"Back off," Theo warned. Parrish didn't listen, so he jammed his claws further into Lydia's throat. "I said back off."

Cassie balled her hands into fists. Powers or no powers, she was going to beat the hell out of Theo.

Parrish then stopped, the humanity in him not wanting Theo to hurt Lydia.

"Take him," Theo commanded to his group.

"The guy's on fire," Corey said.

"You'll heal. Do it."

Tracy let go of Valack's throat, dropping him to the ground. She looked at the other two terrified chimeras and rolled her eyes. She growled under her breath and ran up to Parrish, attacking first since no one else would. She stuck her venomed claws in Parrish's torso, but even her own kanima venom didn't work on him.

She looked up at him, feeling a sense of immediate fear hit her like a tsunami. Parrish looked at her, teeth still bared, and shoved her off him, making her hit the tough glass on the locked, empty room beside them.

Josh ripped a pipe off from the walls and grabbed the electrical wire that was in it. Electric volts that were sure to electrocute anyone who touched him surrounded his body. He put his free hand on Parrish's shoulder, sure that it would injure him severely. But just like Tracy's venom, it did nothing.

"Theo, this isn't working!" he shouted, looking back at his leader who was still holding Lydia by the throat. And all his precious little leader could do was watch.

Parrish threw Josh against the wall. The chimera groaned at the sudden and painful impact.

Out of nowhere, Valack went up to Theo while he was busy watching the members of his pack getting brutally beaten by Parrish and started to drill a hole into his lower leg. Theo cried out in pain as he dropped to his knees, clutching the injury.

"I'm sorry, Theo, but I'm not done with her yet," Valack said.

He picked Lydia up by her arms and started to drag her out the hallway as the others were distracted. He turned to the other exit but saw that Stiles and Cassie were standing in his way, trapping him. He looked back at the fighting scene he had almost forgot about and saw Parrish throw Corey, who was on literal fire, towards them. He moved out of the way, intending for Corey to hit one of them.

Cassie seemed to notice before he did. When she saw Corey's burnt body heading straight to them, she quickly pulled Stiles out of harm's way as well as herself. Unfortunately, she ended up tripping over her own feet and fell to the floor, pulling Stiles down with her.

Corey slid down the grated wall on the back, covered in ash and burned flesh. Cassie stared at him, couldn't help but feeling sorry for the boy.

She felt Stiles pull her up, and she finally noticed that Valack was getting away. They ran for the door, trying to stop him. But he slammed the door in their faces, locking it.