Episode 16 Chapter 53

Argent flipped switch after switch, trying to get the locked doors to open. Lydia and Cassie stood aside and watched anxiously as he did.

He then stopped trying and leaned back, sighing in frustration. "Everything's shut down. They're locked in, and we can't do anything about it."

Lydia sighed as well as her anxiety levels went through the roof. She looked down and saw red lights blinking everywhere.

"What's this?" she questioned, trying to get the blinking to stop.

"A motion sensor," he replied, looking down at them as well.

"What does 'H-2100' mean?"

"H stands for Halon. It's a fire suppression system. It'll pull out all the oxygen from the room to put out a fire."

Lydia let out a shaky breath. "All of the oxygen?"

Chris nodded. Cassie huffed, running her hand through her hair in both anxiety and frustration.

"I guess this just goes to show what happens when we don't listen to Lydia," she mumbled in a sarcastically joking manner.

They both turned to her, giving her an 'are you serious' look. She sighed again, slumping her shoulders and just deciding to keep her mouth shut.

--

"Communications are shut down, and the room is soundproof."

"We need to warn them," Lydia stated.

"We are," Argent replied. "One of these pipes leads in there. Cassie, some help?"

Cassie nodded and stepped up to where he was. He nodded toward the pipes, and she understood what he wanted her to do.

"Ruptis."

A loud boom was heard as a large part of the pipe was now indented in as if an explosive exploded inside of it. Cassie smiled in satisfactory.

"I think they heard it!" Lydia said.

Argent quickly got onto a chair and cupped his hands over his mouth. "Don't trip the sensors!"

Cassie went back to the cameras where Lydia was. They watched at Scott hopped over the lower sensor beam and ducked under the upper one. He then jumped on top of a shelf and laid flat onto it.

Next came Malia. She did the same movements and laid right beside him. They were a bit squished together but there was enough room for both of them.

Last was Allison. She tried to keep her movements as agile and graceful as she could as she copied the two's movements. Scott helped her onto the shelf and pulled her up. She ended up laying on top of him, their faces only inches apart.

Cassie immediately looked over at Lydia, giving her a knowing look. The banshee just scoffed lightly, shaking her head with a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

Another motion sensor appeared, and it runs above Allison's head. As Scott pulled her closer to prevent her accidentally tripping the sensor, Cassie sent Lydia another look.

Argent came over to them and scowled at the sight of Allison and Scott.

"Him again? Really?" he spoke, making Cassie snicker slightly. He sighed before standing aside and starting to pull at the electrical cords.

"What're you doing?" Cassie asked as she stood up as well.

"If I can bypass the electrical system, I might be able to reset the console," he explained.

Cassie nodded in understanding and began to help out as Lydia did the same. But as Argent and Cassie were pulling at the cords and trying to find the right one, Lydia paused for a moment and just furrowed her brows in confusion when she saw Malia slowly stand up from the shelf.