Episode 4 Chapter 34

"Hey, let's make a promise to each other."

"A promise? What do you mean?"

"Well, normally, couples give each other promise rings as a sign of their everlasting promise."

"Okay... let's do it. What kind of promise should we make?"

"Umm... how about you never leave my side and I never leave yours."

"Like, physically or psychologically?"

"Psychologically, and relationship-wise."

"Stiles, as much as I like you, we just started dating. Maybe we should wait before making a promise like that."

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. How about we promise to... not break each other's heart."

"And if we do, I take off the ring."

"Sounds reasonable."

"Okay. I promise to not break your heart unless you do it first."

"And I promise to not break your heart unless you do it first."

Cassie opened her eyes, waking up from her dream as her alarm rang through her ears. She yawned as she shut off her alarm. She sat up in her bed, running her hands through her hair, as she looked around the loft.

Emily was sleeping on the couch. Luna was sleeping on the pillow beside her. Everything seemed to be normal. Perfect. Maybe a little too perfect.

She shrugged off the feeling and just got out of bed. Though something told her that this feeling wasn't supposed to be shrugged off.

--

"It's a relic," Lydia stated, looking at the library card Malia and Scott had handed her earlier that day.

"What's a relic?" Malia asked.

"An object with a fix association to the past," Lydia answered. "Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken, and Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bedroom floor."

Malia furrowed her brows in confusion. "How can someone be erased and still leave something behind?"

"A conservation of mass. The total mass of any isolated system remains constant."

Scott nodded, starting to understand. "So, even the ghost riders have a weakness."

"This means that Stiles must have a relic, right?" Cassie spoke. "That means there would be proof that he existed."

"Then maybe we can get him back," Scott replied.

"We will," Cassie said confidently. "We have to."

--

Noah looked up at Cassie and Lydia skeptically. "You guys wanna search my house?"

"People who have been erased are leaving things behind. If Stiles exists, then maybe we could find something," Cassie explained.

"Why would there be anything there?" Noah questioned, still a bit skeptic of it all.

"You can't just erase people. They leave things behind," Lydia replied.

Noah still had that skeptic look on his face. Cassie sighed, seeing the look and figured that they were going nowhere with this. That was until he spoke up again.

"I couldn't sleep last night. So, um... I got up, figured I'd do some paperwork. The files were in the back of my car, so I go to the garage and some junk has fallen off a shelf and I... I stubbed my toe on an old baseball bat. Without thinking, I yelled out a name..."