Episode 8 Chapter 41

Cassie recognized him as she had seen him during passing time in the hallways. She always got bad feelings whenever she looked at him or when he looked at her.

She chose to ignore though which was clearly a bad decision as Scott had informed her that he was the bad guy that ate people's pineal glands and apparently ghost riders' as well.

"He followed our scent," Scott said, stepping in front of the three girls protectively.

"I followed your desperation," he corrected mockingly. "We're all in a tough spot. Desperate to get inside and save everyone. And hoping to find a way to stop this army of the dead. We all want the same thing."

"He has a point," Lydia spoke, glancing at the three of them.

Malia narrowed her eyes at the man. "If he doesn't kill anyone."

"Else. If he doesn't kill anyone else," Cassie added.

"All that matters right now is getting through that rift," Douglas said as if him murdering people wasn't a big deal.

"Then you're out of luck. The rift burns anything that tries to pass through it," Lydia informed.

"Perhaps not everything..."

Their faces fell when they saw Parrish come out from the shadows and walk up beside Douglas. He was in his hell hound form, but instead of his burning redish-orange eyes, they were a glowing teal color.

"Jordan..." Lydia murmured, feeling a sense of worry.

"If the hell hound can open the rift, we all go together," Douglas compromised.

"You're the bad guy. I'm pretty sure helping you is a bad idea," Malia continued to argue.

Douglas rolled his eyes. "Good guy. Bad guy. When has anything every been so black and white?"

"World War II," another voice chimed in. It was Liam. "He's a Nazi. He wants the Hunt for himself. He wants his own supernatural army."

They all looked at him, surprised but not that surprised at the same time.

Douglas shifted his hand to the handle of the whip and let the rest of it fall to the ground. Everyone turned back to him once they heard its faint clattering sound.

"We're not letting you through that rift," Scott stated.

"'Not letting' me? I see. You still think you have a say in the matter." he replied, the tone in his voice darkening. It was now clear that his compromise was no longer up for offer.

He lashed the whip towards them, making all five of them move back. The whip had just barely missed Scott.

Scott looked up at him, glowing his red eyes and roaring at him. His roar bounced off the walls as his canine fangs grew in.

He lashed the whip at them more times, not giving up. Cassie quickly took Lydia's and Liam's hands and moved them, including herself, to the wall where the whip couldn't reach them.

But that was exactly what he wanted.

He kept lashing at them until they were all up against the wall. He called for Parrish to open the rift as he stared at them with a menacing and intimidating gaze.

"Parrish, stop!" Scott yelled, trying to snap him out of it.

His calls didn't work as Parrish ended up opening the rift. A circle was now visible in the center of the wall of the rippling waves. They both went inside the rift and the pack tried to make it through as well, but it closed just as they had barely reached it.