Episode 6 Chapter 37

Cassie found herself standing in the middle of the street in a neighborhood block. She furrowed her brows, looking around her. She swore she was in the loft sleeping in her bed just a moment ago.

She looked in front of her to where her bare feet were originally planted. She cocked her head to the side a bit when she read the banner that was being held up by two tall poles.

Neighborhood Block Party
Canaan Day
Saturday at 4pm

She gulped, feeling anxiety and a bit of fear wash over her. She started to walk to it at a fast past, looking at all the houses that she was passing by. She then focused her gaze on a woman that was in front of her. The woman had brown, poofy hair and looked somewhat young.

She felt drawn to her for a weird reason. Like the woman was someone supposed to be someone important. Someone to remember.

"Hello?" she called out, hoping the woman would answer. But she didn't.

She eventually lost sight of the woman almost as soon as she walked past the two poles. She looked around her and saw that everything seemed somewhat normal. Except for the fact everyone looked like they were in the 80s.

Retro music was blasting throughout the whole place. Everyone talked. Everyone ate. Cassie noticed that no one seemed to notice her which relieved her a bit.

She wandered through the party and saw a big carousel in the middle. Almost every single one had a little kid sitting on it. She slightly smiled at the innocent sight as she walked around the carousel.

Her smile then disappeared when her eyes landed on a specific horse that were empty. It was covered in what looked like fresh blood. A chill went up her spine just from looking at it.

Then suddenly, it was like the sun went away entirely as the clouds covered it up. Everything was now dark around her.

She tore her eyes away from the bloodied horse when she heard a door slamming open. She looked to her right and saw a man sprinting out of the house with a fearful expression on his face.

He looked as if he was sprinting towards her, but then a gunshot was heard, and he disappeared in a puff of green smoke.

Cassie stepped back, completely in shock as people's screams were heard all around her. She looked around and saw everyone trying to run away. But no matter how fast they could run, every single one of them disappeared within a puff of green smoke. It felt like she couldn't do anything but watch which pained her.

Soon, every single person was gone. Except for one. At least, that was what Cassie thought.

She spotted the blonde-haired woman unknowingly walking towards her way with a look of horror on her face. She heard her call out a name.

"Lenore! Lenore, where are you?"

"I'm over here, Mallory! I'm over here!"

She turned her head to where the voice came from and saw a blonde woman who looked the same age as the brunette woman. She saw them run to each other, and the blonde, assumingly Lenore, started to bawl her eyes out.

"Scream, Lenore. Scream!" the brunette said.

And then she did. But it wasn't just any scream. It was a banshee's scream.

Cassie sat up in her bed, gasping for air; the ringing in her ears being the only thing she could hear. She started to calm down once she realized she was still in the loft and still in bed.