Chapter 7

The pack continued the next day as usual. They made a plan to just let things happen, and if nothing did, try to find a trigger to trigger the memory.

Cassie was at her locker getting out her books. She slammed her locker closed and flinched when she heard its echo in her ears. The thing was that it didn't just sound like an echo. It sounded like thunder.

She shook it off, walking away from her locker and to her chemistry class.

The echoing sounds didn't stop. Locker slams all around her echoed in her ears with the not so faint sound of thunder being heard combined with it.

When she made it to her class, the noises just suddenly came to a stop. She wasn't complaining, obviously, but she was confused on why it just stopped so suddenly. She went to her seat just in time for the bell to ring.

"Okay, everyone! Today, we're gonna do a test to see if you guys have been studying. And by test, I mean pop quiz," the chemistry teacher announced, making the students in the class groan.

He started to hand out papers that was the pop quiz the class were taking. As soon as all the papers were passed out, the class went silent as everybody started working on the quiz.

A few minutes into working on the quiz, Cassie could hear the clicks of every ball point pen in the class. To her, it was heard like the sound was piercing through her skull. The echos of the clicks was followed by the crashes of thunder.

With every pen click followed a strike of pain in her head. She felt the air in her throat slowly escaping. It felt like she was suffocating.

She began packing up her stuff. She thought maybe it was the atmosphere in the classroom. She needed some air.

"Cass, you alright?" Stiles whispered, seeing her panickily pack her stuff.

"Yeah, I just need to get some air."

She told the teacher she was going to the restroom, and he surprisingly let her go.

Cassie stumbled out the classroom. She leaned on the lockers for support, feeling as though she would collapse if she didn't. With each step and echos of sounds, it got harder and harder to breath. She heard someone behind her call out her name, but it sounded as though she were underwater. She turned around to see who it was, but when she did, everything went black.

--

She walked through the forbidden woods while it poured thundering rain. She had to get revenge for her mother, and the only way to do so was to become everyone's worst fear.

A witch.

She was walking through the forbidden woods which were forbidden because of the rumors of witches living there. The reverend had forbidden anyone from going into it to avoid the 'danger inside it', but she never believed of such things. She never believed that witches could be dangerous.

"Hello girl," a voice boomed over the thunder.

She turned around, looking behind her to see where the voice came from. But she saw nothing.

"You're a long way from home."

"Are you a witch?" she asked.

"Tell me want you want, and then I'll answer."

"I am not a witch hunter. I swear! I came here hoping to learn the crafts to avenge my mother's death. She was falsely accused and hanged. I want to get revenge for her."

"Revenge is a dark path to go down..."

"Excuse me if this sounds crude, but I do not care. I love my mother very dearly, and I just can't stand by and let my village go on with their day as if they didn't murder my mother for the wrong crimes."