Episode 5 Chapter 36

Cassie desperately rummaged through the glove compartment, needing to find something that could give them a clue on what this jeep was doing there and who it belonged to. Meanwhile, Lydia and Scott were in the back doing the same thing.

Suddenly, the police scanner just stopped making the high-pitched noise. Cassie didn't notice, but the others definitely did.

"Why'd it stop?" Malia asked, furrowing her brows.

"I don't think it matters," Cassie replied. Her hand then began flipping the switch that was labelled as the 'master switch'. "There has to be a reason."

Scott furrowed his brows when he started to smell multiple familiar scents in the jeep. He closed his eyes, focusing on trying to find whose scents they belonged to.

"What?" he muttered under his breath.

Lydia looked at him. "You caught a scent?"

"Yeah, uh... ours. Mine, yours, all four of us," he replied, in a state of shock and confusion.

"Mine? I've never been in this jeep before," Malia said.

Scott sighed. "Neither have I."

"No, we have," Cassie spoke up. "We just don't remember it."

Malia eyed her. "I thought we were done with that."

"Yeah, Cassie. Parrish checked the VIN number. There's no record of owner," Scott told her.

"Well, it's not like the jeep drove itself here," the witch replied sarcastically.

"She's got a point," Lydia agreed.

Scott huffed, looking at Malia. She raised her eyebrows at him in offense.

"Whose side are you on?" she asked offendedly.

He looked in between Malia and the two other girls back and forth. He shrugged. "I'm on everyone's side."

Malia turned to Cassie. "He's not real. Trust me." Cassie sighed in irritation and turned away to keep searching for anything. "I've lost a lot of people in my life. It's a long list, and I don't feel like adding more to it."

Cassie pulled out a thick sheet of paper. She assumed it had been there a while considering it turned brown. She smiled triumphantly as she showed the others what she found.

"Maybe you won't have to. Not if we bring him back," she replied.

Malia looked at the paper with shock in her eyes. She took the document from her as everyone looked at her in anticipation. She then handed it to Scott who seemed eager to read what was on it.

"This is from 96'. And there's no name," he said.

"But there's an address," Lydia pointed out, looking over his shoulder.

"129 Woodbine Lane," Malia read out loud.

Cassie realized, "I know that address."

--

Cassie waited anxiously for Claudia's response as the woman looked over the document Cassie had given her. Noah was by his wife's side as he waited as well.

"I-I don't know what to tell you. I haven't seen that jeep in..." She looked at Noah. "Almost eighteen years."

"But it's in your name," Cassie said in confusion.

"But it was stolen," Claudia replied.

"Then how did it end up at the high school?" Cassie asked, not believing it for a second.