Episode 15 Chapter 20

"There's four steps. We get into Eichen, we get into the closed unit, we get Lydia, get out."

"And we have to do all of this while getting past the orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a mountain ash barrier," Scott said, adding onto Stiles' explanation.

"You have a plan for all of that?" Malia questioned, a bit skeptical.

Cassie got out the keycard from her pocket and showed it to everyone. "I stole this from one of the orderlies last night when I went to see Lydia. But unfortunately, it's useless because they change the codes each night."

"So, why'd you take it?" Kira asked.

"Well, the only way to get her out of Eichen is to make the key card work again, right?" She grabbed Stiles' laptop, turning it so it could face the rest of them. "Stiles pulled all the history off that keycard. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout, and the system was rebooted. And during a reboot, all the keycards revert back to a default code. So, if we trigger a reboot..."

"The card goes back to a default code. It works again," Liam said, getting the gist of what Cassie was going to say.

"How are we gonna cause a brownout?" Kira asked.

"That's your job," Scott replied. "You're going to draw power from the main line, but only enough to cause the brownout."

"Not a blackout," Stiles specified. "Do that and you send Eichen House into lockdown which would be bad. Very, very bad."

"There's an electrical room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen," Scott explained.

"Okay, slight problem," Kira said. "I don't know how to do that."

"And that's okay. You just need to practice," Cassie replied.

"Let's say this all goes perfectly," Malia chimed in. "How does a brownout get us into the closed unit of Eichen?"

"The system takes five minutes to reboot. In that five minutes, all the alarms will be turned off. The keycard should work," Stiles said.

"Liam, you and I get Stiles and Cassie to the gate of the closed unit. But after that, they have to go on their own. We can't get past the mountain ash barrier," Scott added.

Cassie nodded. "And when we're gone, everyone will think it was just a reboot of the security system that somehow caused a brownout."

"Any questions?" Stiles asked, finishing off their explanation.

"How do we get into Eichen House in the first place?"

"What's our worst-case scenario?"

"What if I can't do it?"

"Well, aren't you guys just a pile of optimists," Cassie commented.

Stiles sighed. "Okay, admittedly, a lot could go wrong."

"Everything could go wrong," Liam said.

"Guys, if we don't do this, we lose Lydia. She's gonna die in there tonight," Scott spoke. "And she might take a lot of innocent people with her."

Kira sighed. "Okay... so, how am I supposed to practice this?"

"With a lot of light bulbs and your electrokinetic powers," Cassie replied. "Don't worry. I'll help. Just..." Cassie got out her car keys and tossed them to Kira to which she caught. "Go start the car. I'll be there in a second. Oh, and you're coming with us, Malia."