Episode 15 Chapter 21

Parrish pulled up to the security guard booth. He took a deep breath as the security guard got out and walked up to the passenger's side of the van. He told Parrish to roll down the window with a simple hand gesture, so he did.

"Delivery to the morgue," Parrish said.

The security guard looked down at his clipart, making panic and anxiety arise in Parrish. The guard furrowed his brows and shook his head.

"I don't see you on the list."

"You heard about the animal attacks, right? The hospital ran out of refrigerated drawers, and Eichen's got the only other up-to-code morgue in the country," Parrish tried explaining.

The guard narrowed his eyes at him, not even hiding his suspicion. He gestured for him to come outside the van. "Let's have a look."

"I don't think you want to do that," Parrish warned. "The stench back there almost made me pass out while driving."

"Open the back of the van, please."

Parrish let out a breath of nervousness and nodded. He got out of the van and opened up the back just like the security guard wanted. The guard flashed his flashlight at the four body bags in front of them.

"I'll need to log off the names off the toe tag," he said.

"There's significant decomp," Parrish told him. "They were found in the county tunnels way past rigor."

"Open them up, please," the guard said, disregarding everything Parrish was telling him.

Parrish sighed, beginning to hold his breath. He went over to the bag on the front and began unzipping it. He unzipped it halfway and moved aside for the guard to see. The guard was hit with an immediate odor and started to gag at the horrific smell.

Parrish stopped himself from smirking at the guard's reaction and just turned away to unzip the other bags.

"No, no. Go. Just go," the guard said, stopping him as he just wanted free from the horrendous odor.

Parrish kept his back turned to him as he smirked and zipped the bags back up.

--

Scott poked his finger out of the opened zipper hole. Once he felt it wasn't closed, he pulled it open. He sat up out of the body bag, gasping for air as the others started to get out as well.

Cassie pushed the body bag with the actual dead body off of her, grimacing. "Never again," she spoke, on the verge of throwing up.

Scott nodded, agreeing with her. He then took out his phone to check on the timer.

"Fifteen minutes. Starting now," he said.

They all quickly started to get out of the body bags. Cassie then heard a thud next to her and looked over. She snickered when she saw that Stiles had fallen to the floor but then quickly covered it up with a cough when she saw the look he gave her.

They all got out of the body bags soon after. They followed Scott to the door as he put his ear up against it. They waited anxiously for his response.

Once he heard footsteps receding, he glanced back at them before opening the door. He held the door open as everyone went out before following.

They walked down the hallways; Cassie and Stiles leading the way to the closed unit. Cassie was just about to turn to the left but then stopped when she spotted two guards standing outside the gate. She put her arms out, stopping everyone else as well. She then nodded in the direction of the guards, giving them a warning look.