prologue

.

.

.

"Testing, testing. One, two, three."

My voice echoed throughout the room. This was really happening! Hooray! So exciting. I could hear my heartbeat's rhythmic thumping throughout the room. It was like the microphone was amplifying the noise, which wasn't possible, unless I decided to jam it into my heart and allow the transducer to broadcast it until I die a painful death.

Click.

"No light, no sound. No form. No voice. No knowledge of who they are. They'd extend a hand. A hand that belongs to no one. To take hold of their existence." I narrated calmly.

"My dear audience, welcome back to your favorite show, Danganronpa. Once again, 16- well, 17, including me, students find themselves trapped in a school. The only way to escape? Commit murder and get away with it."

"Our lucky winner of this year's batch, Kaede Akamatsu. She's the protagonist of this story."

Click.

I take my headphones off and stand up. I hum as I put my hands behind my back, before striding away. An eerie silence followed as I shut the lights, allowing the darkness to swallow the room.

.

.

.

I yawned, opening my eyes. A little light peeked through the slits in the locker. Whoops, I think I accidentally fell asleep. My bad.

I proceeded to stay in the locker, closing my eyes again. A few more minutes. I was just getting comfortable.

I felt myself beginning to drift off again before I heard a voice outside of the area. "..Um... Hello? Is someone in there...?"

I opened one eye. The pure audacity of them to even approach me! I started thinking of 50 different insults to throw their way before remembering that if I didn't show up to the opening ceremony or whatever it was called, the ratings would plumet into the toilet.

Never mind. Thank you, godly figure! I apologize for thinking of you in a shitty light!

...That still didn't mean that I wasn't tired, though.

I proceeded to kick down the locker door. It fell on the floor with an audible crash. I sighed, cracking my fingers as I stepped out. "Oopsies. I broke it."

A rather short boy was staring at me with a bewildered expression. He had a child-like, innocent look, extremely pale skin, and moderately long purple hair. He was wearing a classic male student uniform, and a look of fear was written on his face.

I squinted my [e/c] eyes, attempting to remember who the fuck this was. I remember looking over all the application videos.

Oh, right, wasn't this the one that wanted them to be related to something leaderish, and the one that promised to not be boring? Kokichi Oma, right? His character was one of my favorites when I wrote it out. How come I didn't recall it earlier? Whatever.