Semi-Finalist: Kobalt Mykeal

ANNIKA MYKEAL

I wake up from my bed and feel next to me. Where is Ash? He must of went to take a walk, as always.

Oh, what am I am saying, why do I keep thinking the scumbag is still living with me. Even when he gets out he still won't, which he will never get out.

I get up out of bed and do my daily hygiene. It truly disgusts me on how people don't do it sometimes, even Kobalt. I would always scold him for not doing it. My little Balty. I would never let anything happen to him. I wonder how he's doing. It costed a few coins for me to get him to the wonderful school that is Capitol Hills, but it's worth it. I heard his friend, Sapphire, got in with him from her mother, Crystallia.

I put my hair in a tight bun and walk out the bathroom. I should call Balty. I walk over to my dresser and open my phone. I call Kobalt's phone for it to go straight to voice-mail.

"HI, this is Kobalt, and I'm probably busy right now, so leave a message at the beep."

Beep.

"HI, Balty, I was just wondering how your doing and such, call me back!" With that I hang up the phone. I get out of my room, still thinking about Kobalt. He is probably in class at the moment, or doing his daily hygiene.

I go downstairs, my feet patting the carpeted steps. I go to the kitchen and grab me my favorite mug. I grab my coffee and pour it into the coffee maker. The coffee begins pouring in the jug in a few seconds. After the jug is halfway full, I take it off the coffee maker and pour coffee in my mug.

I take a sip and put it down. I then begin making breakfast. I begin making eggs, bacon, and toast. That is Kobalt's favorite breakfast. After I am done cooking, I grab my laptop and sit down at the dining table with a sigh. I open up the laptop and open my email.

I read my emails until I get to one. It's an unknown email. It's probably spam, but why is it in my inbox. I move it to spam and sigh. I continue replying and looking through my emails but I keep wondering about that email.

Forget it.

I go to spam and open the email.

The school is lying to you.

What school. Do they mean Capitol Hills? Who is this person anyways. I reply to the email.

Who is this.

I don't get a response. I shake my head and close the laptop. Probably nothing. I eat the rest of my food and drink the rest of the coffee. Until I hear the doorbell ring.

I furrow my eyebrows together and open the door. I gasp. It's Ash.

"Surprise bitch, you thought you'd see the last of me."