Semi-Finalist: Alice Culpeper

This will be in Alice's father's Point of View, because he is her closest family member. He is the one she always goes to when she needs someone who understands her. They have gotten so close because her mother used to go on a lot of business trips for work.

"Thomas sweetie did we get any mail?" My wife asked as I walked in the door. I huffed and looked down, not wanting to break the news again.

"Just checked it hun, nothing from Alice." I replied, slipping my shoes off at the front door. I took off my jacket and hung it in the closet and I heard her sigh.

"That's the first time this has ever happened.." She mumbled to herself, and sighed again while running her fingers through her greying hair.

I walked into the living room where my wife was sitting with her head in her hands. I sat down beside her and held her in my arms.

"Tanya darling, I'm sure she's alright. I'm sure of it."

"That's what we said when your sister was sexually assaulting her." She snarls, "We don't know if our Alice is okay..what if something bad has happened to her?" My wife starts to tear up, and I rub her back slowly.

"Shhh honey it will be okay..I'm certain our little girl is alright, she probably went to an academic decathlon or something. It's only one letter." I say assuringly.

"You're right, she's probably fine." Tanya sniffles, and kisses me softly.

My wife is very protective of Alice, and she would die if something happened to our little girl. I'm sure she just forgot to write us this week. Maybe she's too busy studying with Chris...

"It's going to be alright honey, I promise."

"..Okay..." She replied hesitantly.

I looked into her beautiful eyes, and she managed to smile at me while looking back at me. Her hair glistened just like Alice's does.

"Tanya, I love you, and I know our daughter. Everything will be alright."

She hugged me once more before going to the kitchen to make supper. I got up off of the old couch and walked into the office to check my emails, when I noticed a 'new' email icon had just popped up as I sat down. It was from an anonymous account.

"The school is lying to you." It read.

What?

Lying? The school our daughter goes to? What could possibly be going on at the school?

I tried to call the school 6 times, but before anyone could answer, the line would go dead. I am so confused, I don't know what to think or what to do.

I try to figure out whether or not to tell my wife, and I decide to go with the latter.

I walk out and go to see Tanya. She is preparing food for dinner with a smile on her beautiful face, and I know I can't tell her what just happened.

"What's for dinner?" I ask.

"Chicken wings and sweet corn." She replies.

"Sounds delicious."