Semi-Finalist: Jazzy Robinson

There sat JJ, all alone and in the corner of the corridor, thinking deeply. She was thinking about jaw many lives have gone to waste and how she knew that her end would be coming soon. JJ knew that she would have to sacrifice others or herself and her Grandpa always told her, "Think of others before yourself." She was going to have to die.

Far off, while JJ was thinking in a school far from home, sitting at his desk with his computer was her Grandpa Frankie, a worried look on his face. He was slightly nervous ever since Jazzy left for that school she was talking about. He still called her Jazzy, no matter how mad she got and how many times she insisted on being JJ.

He wondered why Jazzy was sent to that school for what seemed to be a fun little project that the parents were not entirely informed of. And so, when he was browsing around his bank account to make sure there was enough money for him and for Jazzy, he saw just a small amount. Her parents had decided to let Jazzy move in with him for a trip, but he knew they were leaving for a vacation that would last for too long.

You could say they were disowning Jazzy because of her troublesome ways or because of her crazy ideas or even because of the noise she was causing in her room all the time. The thing is, their daughter was giving them a hard time and Grandpa Frankie even knew that she was meaning to do that. She wants the attention because her parents were all carried up in their work.

Grandpa Frank sighed as he enclosed a few documents before he stood up and hobbled to the doorway from his small office. He looked around as he slowly but carefully walked down the stairs and started to clean up the living room. Jazzy's parents were here last night to talk about their daughter moving in with him. He was entirely not happy with his own daughter but he gave in. He also didn't want Jazzy to go homeless on the side of the street.

When he finished cleaning up, he turned the TV on and browsed through channels, looking for a good show to watch for a little bit. He sat down on the couch and finally settled on a game show that was occurring. If he was correct, it was called the Price is Right. Seemed vague but also was straightforward to the point.

He has been watching for about 10 minutes before he heard a small noise from upstairs. Grandpa Frank groaned as he slowly hobbled back upstairs, letting the TV run, and made it back to his office. That noise only made its sound when he got an email.

He sat down on his chair and calmly opened his email up, seeing a recent email from an unknown sender. A confused look appeared on his face as he clicked on it and found only one sentence. This one sentence found that he was slightly right about being suspicious from the school.

"The school is lying to you."

Grandpa Frank quickly grabbed the phone, which was nearby, and dialed in a number, a nervous look on his face. This could give him a small heart attack just because he was 87 years old, but he first needed to tell a certain someone.

"Mary Ann? Yes. Jazzy...the school's been lying to us all. We've gotta figure out. But sweetie....we can't just let it haunt us if she did something horrible. Well, tell your husband that you guys did a fine job raising this kid even after you decided to put her up for what seemed to be an adoption. Good bye and I don't expect to get any calls even if you find out what happened to poor old Jazzy!" he managed to yell into the phone as he hung up.

Sometimes his daughter was stubborn and he never liked that. But Jazzy just inherited the trait, making her someone that wouldn't give up....well, he hoped so. So Grandpa Frank knew that whatever happened to Jazzy at that school, he was gonna have to perhaps sue them or he was gonna have to live with regret for the remaining years he lived.

He had no idea that murder was gonna be the problem of his life. That it might have took away his granddaughter's life.