The Talk

Its now 8:30am on the 20th September and with Isabella already been fed and as Matt holds her and as Gabby takes Sofia out of the cot and places her on her chest as they both sit down on the sofa thats in there room as Doctor Weathers enters the room with nurses Fairway and Langhan. "Hi guys how was last night"Doctor asks. "It was okay we was thinking more about today"Gabby said. "We're going to explain how we're going to do your daughters treatment"Fairway said. "Okay"they both say. "The drugs that we'll be giving Sofia will be 0.05mg of Vincristine on a weekly basis and 0.75mg of Carmustine today and tomorrow for every two weeks"Dr Weathers said. "Will Sofia have any side affects"Gabby and Matt asks. "Chemotherapy makes every patient react differently some might feel nausea or even their hair fall out"Dr Weathers said. "Is there anything you can give for nausea"Matt asks. "Yes we will keep an eye on Sofia and if she needs it we will give her 2ml of Zofran"Dr said. "Her chemo regime will start at 9am and finish at 5 and in between we'll check Sofia over"Langhan said.

"Can we take it in turns to hold her while she has her chemotherapy"Matt and Gabby both asks. "Of course you can if you have any worries just pull the cord and someone will come in"Dr Weathers said. "How long will Sofia be having chemotherapy for"Gabby asks. "Usually 6-12 months but we're aiming to have a look at her in 6 months time"Dr Weathers said. "Thanks"they both said. "If you have any more questions feel free to ask anytime"Doctor says. As Isabella has fallen asleep Matt decides to put her in her rocking chair as they've already decided on how they're going to get Sofia through her chemotherapy session as she's being treated for Brain Cancer. "We'll be back in with the drugs and you would kindly take off her top and rest her against your chest with her port showing please"Dr Weathers said. As the nurses leave the room and continue with there rounds as Dr Weathers goes and grabs the Vincristine and Carmustine from the drugs cabinet and as he walks back in Gabby freaks out just by the sight of the needles that will be going into the Chemo Port which contains the drugs.

"Gabby everyone that I've dealt with either the patient have passed out or the parent"Dr Weathers said. "I shouldn't be freaking out like this"Gabby said. "Babe everyone reacts differently when it comes to their own kids and family"Matt said. "I know love"Gabby said. "I know it's hard seeing your daughter go through this"Dr Weathers said. "Do you know someone who's gone through cancer"Matt said. "Yes my cousin Dale my moms sisters son"Dr Weathers said. "You didn't say anything at school"Matt said. "I was only 7 years old when Dale was getting treated for Leukaemia he was only 12 years old"Dr Weathers said. "Did Dale survive and was his cancer the reason why you took this path"Matt asked. "Yes and Dale is still in remission "Doctor said. "I'm soo happy Sam"Matt said.

"Why don't we get started on giving your daughter her first lot of chemotherapy drugs in her"Dr Weathers said. "Yes please"they both say. "Firstly I need to do some tests before I can administer the drugs"Dr says. "What tests needs to be done"Gabby asks. "Blood tests temperature check and a BP check"Doctor says. As Gabby holds Sofia so the doctor can take her Blood Pressure Temperature and a Blood Test as Doctor Weathers draws Sofia's blood BP pressure and Temperature checks and he records the BP and Temperature checks in her records and then he asks Gabby to put Sofia against her chest with the port showing as Matt makes sure that her fingers are out of the way by holding them as the doctor opens the chemo port and gets the drugs ready...