Chapter 43

"I'm just going to come out with it"Dr Steph Mangel says. "Okay doctor"they all say. "Your aunt has Heart Cancer and it runs in the family"Doctor said. "How bad is she doctor"Stella asked. "Well on both of the scars its showing that the whole of Laverne's heart is blocked and she's already had 3 heart attacks and with the Cancer at the end of stage 2 she urgently needs a heart transplant"Doctor said. "What's her chances of survival doctor"Kelly asks. "It can go either way and as we wait for a new heart we're giving her pain relief but as you know we could be waiting ages for anew heart"Dr says. "Are you saying that her chances of getting a new heart is slim"Stella says. "Yes thats correct"Doctor said. "How long as she got left to live"Rosie asks. "I'm sorry we're not exactly sure could be hours or days"Doctor says.

"I've spoken to your Uncles Cancer Doctor and his scan results haven't come back yet if they don't come back within 1 hour of his shift ends he's going to chase them up"doctor says. "Can we go in and see them both"Stella and Rosie both ask. "Of course you can go and see them and sit with them"Mangel says. While Steph takes Kelly and sisters Rosie and Stella to the big double room tech has one more thing to say to the girls. As we've arrived at the room now just be aware that they might look very different to the last time you saw them alive"Doctor explains. "Thanks doctor"Kelly says. While Kelly Rosie and Stella enter the room back in Chicago in the hospital Sofia is getting fed with the help  of her feeding tube.

"Babe I hope that phone call that Stella had was good news"Gabby said. "Me too babe"Matt said. "Babe why don't we give Chief a call and ask him to do us a big favour"Gabby asks. "I think thats a good idea I'll call him on mine and I'll put it on loud speaker so we can both talk to him. While the Chief is at home is cell phone starts ringing and Matt Casey's name pops up on the screen and the Chief answers it. "Hello Matt"Chief said. "Hello Chief you're on loud speaker"Matt said. "Hello Gabby hows you all doing"Chief asked. "We're doing ok under the circumstances"Gabby said. "We were wondering if you can do us a big favour"Matt asked. "What do you what doing guys"Chief asked. "We think that somethings wrong as Stella took a phone call from someone called Steph Mangel"Matt says. "Chief Stella sounded upset and worried about the phone call"Gabby said. "That name rings a bell"Chief said. "Chief is there something wrong"Gabby said. "Yes guys"Chief said. "What is it Chief"Matt said. "Springfield is where her remaining family lives"Chief said.

"Yes Chief her Aunt Laverne and Uncle Ray lives there"Matt and Gabby both say. "What exactly do you want me to do"Chief asked. "We want someone to be there for her Chief"Matt says. "I'm on shift tomorrow morning"Chief said. "Please Chief we wouldn't be asking if it wasn't important"Gabby said. "Let me see what I can do and I'll let you know what I find out"Chief said. "Speak soon Chief"Gabby and Matt both say. As they finish on their phones Matt and Gabby have family time with Isabella and Sofia while worrying about their friends as Chief talks to his wife Donna about the phone call.

"Wallace that phone call was worrying"Donna says. "Yes it was Matt and Gabby there worried about Stella"Chief said. "What did they ask you for a favour"Donna said. "Yes babe they want me to go there"Chief said. "Go where"Donna says. "Springfield"Chief said. "I've got the ideal person to be there for her"Donna said. "Who babe"Chief said. "A mother figure"Donna says. "Kelly's mum Jennifer"Chief said while back in Springfield Kelly opens the door as they all walk in and with what the doctor has told them they are all lost for words and with the stress of it all Stella has to sit down with Rosie and Kelly next to her. "OMG the doctor was right look at them"Stella says..