Chapter 74

As Sofia is crying waking up her twin sister Isabella and parents Matt and Gabby.  "Gabby are you awake"Matt said. "I wasn't actually asleep just resting my eyes"Gabby said. "Same here"Matt said. "What's wrong with Sofia"Gabby said. "I'm not sure love"Matt said. "Why don't you get her diaper checked babe"Gabby said. "I was already thinking of that"Matt said. As Matt gets off the bed with Sofia and he carriers her over to the changing mat and when he puts her down she's still crying. "Vamos a revisar tu pañal Sofía"Matt said. "Matt whats her diaper like"Gabby said. "It's not her diaper babe"Matt said. "What is it"Gabby said. "Can you come over as I think it's the catheter"Matt said.

As Gabby goes over to Matt carrying Isabella to check on Sofia and she's shocked to see why their daughter Sofia Rose is crying. "Babe yes we need to get the doctor and nurses over here"Gabby said. "Do you want me to pull the cord or go and fetch them"Matt said. "I'm not sure babe but we can't leave our daughter like this"Gabby said. "I agree babe we can't leave our daughter Sofia Rose in pain"Matt sad. "She must be in severe pain"Gabby said. "I'm sure it wasn't like this earlier"Matt said. "I agree when I last changed her too"Gabby said as Isabella was getting restless in her mommy's arms.

20 minutes have pasted and Sofia is in tremendous pain and Gabby and Matt can't contain it anymore and they decide thats enough. "Babe I'm pulling the cord"Matt said. "I was just about to do it myself"Gabby said. As Matt pulls the cord Dr Winters, Nurse Clayton and Nurse Cykes come running into the room to see what's wrong with their patient Sofia Rose. "What's been happening guys"Dr Winters asks. "Doctor I think we can tell straight away whats wrong"Clayton said. "Doctor Clayton's right"Cykes said. As Doctor Winters walks up to Sofia who's on the changing mat still and notices what everyone is seeing.

"How long has Sofia been like this"Doctor Winters ask. "Were not sure exactly doctor"Gabby said. "I only discovered it 20 miuties ago doctor"Matt said. "Thanks for the information guys"Doctor Winters said. "What do you want us to do doctor"Cykes and Clayton said. "Let's move Sofia to the crib and remove all her clothes while I go and get the drugs and the equipment"Dr Winter said. "Yes doctor"Cykes said. "We'll do that right away"Clayton said. As the nurses move Sofia from the changing mat to her crib while the doctor goes out the room to get the items the parents are worried stiff. "Whys our Sofia in soo much pain"Gabby asks. "It looks like the catheter has come out"Clayton said. "We'll know more when we do it"Cykes said. "Just make our Sofia stop being in pain"Matt said. "Will do guys"Dr Winters said as he returned back in the room.

Now that Dr Winters has arrived back with the Fentanyl a clean catheter needles and the Phenobarbital they can get ready to proceed with sorting out Sofia Rose. "I think it's best if you two wait outside the room til we've sorted your daughter out"Winters said as Matt picks up Isabella and grabs his wife's hand and walked out the room. "Can one of you two administer 0.25mg of Fentanyl please"Doctor asks. 'Yes doctor"Samantha Cykes. Said as she administered it through the IV line thats in Sofia's right hand. 'All done doctor"Brianne Clayton said. As Sofia is now sedated for at least 60 minutes which will give the team insert a new catheter just above the bladder while over with Lindsay and Halstead who are on the way to see Dr Lacey for an appointment. "Don't leave me there Jay"Lindsay said. "Remember I'm not going anywhere Erin"Halstead said.

As Jay Halstead drives his pregnant girlfriend Erin Lindsay to see Dr Lacey Chief Wallace Boden has arrived at Firehouse 51 as Mr Rogers has dropped off Candidtae Jack Fritz and Candidate EMT Eliza Jones. "Morning Chief Mr Rogers has dropped us off as he started working early"Fritz said. "Morning guys thought you come in with Capp"Boden said. "We usually do but he's told us to pass a message to you"Jones said. "What's the message guys"Boden asked. "He won't be in today he's not feeling well"Fritz said."thanks guys I need to get a floater in"Boden said. "Can we talk later please"Fritz and Jones both ask. "Sure guys"Boden said as he went to his office to sort out a replacement for Capp's spot.

Gabby and Matt's POV

As we both wait outside the room with Isabella as they watch their daughter Sofia who's currently sedated as the doctor and nurses fix's her catheter. "Babe all I'm thinking of is how its came loose over a period of time"Matt said. "I'm just hoping that it hasn't made things worse for her"Gabby said. "All the time that we both have been in the hospital"Matt said. "You've been in here the most babe 4 weeks after I gave birth as you was shot twice when Isabella and Sofia was only newborns"Gabby said. "Who shot me again babe"Matt asks. "That doesn't matter right now"Gabby said. "Okay baby"Matt said.

The clock now reads 7:50am and as Jay Halstead arrives at the clinic with Erin Lindsay and once he's parked the car Jay helps Erin out of the car and up to the building and he opens the door and Erin Lindsay walks up to the desk to check in. "Hello there my name is Erin Lindsay I've got an appointment at 8am with Dr Lacey"Lindsay said. "Take a seat"the receptionist said as Lindsay takes a seat over at the hospital Doctor Winters Nurse Cykes and Nurse Clayton are finishing off. "Ladies can you finish Sofia off while I go and talk to Matt and Gabby s they'll be wondering whats been happening..