Chapter 41

As Gabby sits down on the bed holding Sofia as nurse Samantha Cykes does the blood test from Sofia a week of her first chemo session. "Gabby this is to see how Sofia has coped with her first chemotherapy session week"Cykes said. "Thats okay I'll hold her arm for you"Gabby said. "How's her feeding been"Dr Winters asks. "Well she sucks on my breast and I've noticed that sometimes she only plays with it"Gabby says.  "We'll put a tube in her but we'll do that as the last thing tho"Winters said. "Ok doctor"Matt and Gabby both say. "I'll check he BP doctor"Clayton said. "Yes please Clayton"Winters said. "What about her weight doctor "Cykes said. "Weight needs to be done later on before shift ends"Winters said. "Doctor Blood Pressure done"Clayton said. "And blood test done"Cykes said. "Thanks ladies now it's time to insert her feeding tube but first we need to sedate her"Winters said.

Gabby can you hold Sofia tight please then I can administer the drugs"Winters says. "Of course I can"Gabby says. As Gabby holds her daughter as the nurse administers the drugs and within minutes Sofia s already for her feeding tube to be inserted as Gabby lies her down on top of the cot. As the doctor measure the feeding tube before inserting it through her left nostril and ending up in her stomach and to make sure that it doesn't move it eats secured with a piece of tape over the tube on her cheek. "How much did she eat from her last feed"Winters asks. "Not much doctor"Gabby says. "Will she need a feed"Matt asks. "Yes she will"Winters said. "Doctor I need to express some milk first"Gabby says. "Thats okay we'll come back in half an hour or so "Doctor says.

As Sofia is still sedated and Gabby hooks herself to her breast pump and she starts the machine she starts to think back to her thoughts as Kelly Rosie and Stella leave the house now as they've got what they've stopped for and are on the long journey down to Springfield Hospital and as Kelly drives down Stella falls asleep in the chair and as she sleeps she has a dream.

Stella's Dream Part 1

As I wake up as the clock reads 6:30am and I am overcome with pain and I realise that my waters have broken but my fiance has already left for work and as my sister is sleeping in her room I have to do something so I call for Shay to come to my aid. "Hello Shay can you come to my house please"Stella asks as I breathe through my contraction. "I'll be there right away with my sister Megan"Shay says. As I end the call with Shay my sister wakes up and realises whats going on and as she hears me screaming in pain she comes to my room and she realises that Kelly is away.

"Sis what can I do to help"Rosie asks. "Can you unlock the door please so Shay and Megan can come in please"Stella asks. "Of course sis"Rosie says as she unlocks the front door then she comes back to her sister's aid. "Rosie I need my water please"Stella asks. "Anything sis"Rosie says. While Rosie gets her water Shay and Megan arrive 15 minutes later and they know exactly where Stella is as she screams in pain as another contraction rips through her body. "Stella how far are you gone"Shay asks. "Almost 28 weeks"Stella says. "Where's Kelly"Megan asks. "Working"Stella says. "I'll call him sis"Rosie says. "Yes please"all 3 say.

Back to reality as Gabby as been expressing milk for the past hour and as managed to do 4 bottles of milk and as Matt who's still holding on to Isabella manages to put the 3 bottles in the fridge as Doctor Christina Winters enters the room and connects Sofia's feeding tube to the end of the bag which contains the milk that Gabby has just expressed. "All done guys"doctor says. "Thanks doctor"they both say. "See you later guys"doctor says "bye for now"Matt says. "Matt I'm going to have a nap"Gabby says. "I'll put Isabella down then I'll come over and lie down next to you babe"Matt says.

Gabby's Dream

I wake up in hospital after having a rough night with Sofia as she was screaming in pain all night after a rough last days of chemotherapy as the time reads 6am and as Matt is awake and trying to calm and reassure Isabella that her twin sister will be fie. "Gabby whats wrong with Sofia"Matt asks  "I'm not sure love she's just been fed diaper changed and she's just had her clothes changed"Gabby said. "Why don't I have a try to calm her down babe"Matt says. "Yes please babe"Gabby says. As Matt picks up Sofia he notices that theres something wrong with Sofia and he calls for the doctor and nurses to come over as Sofia is still screaming in pain. "Babe I hope the doctor can sort out Sofia"Gabby says.

Back to reality as Stella wakes up in the car as Kelly pulls up outside in the carpark of Springfield Hospital and as he pulls up in a space he turns off the engine. "Babe can you promise me something please"Kelly asks. "Anything babe"Stella says. "If you feel tired or not feeling well promise me that you'll either tell myself or your sister and we'll take a break"Kelly says.  "Of course I'll tell you or Rosie"Stella says. "Thanks love"Kelly says. "Can we go inside now is and find out whats happening with our Auntie Laverne and Uncle Ray please  sis"Rosie asks. "Of course we can sis"Stella says. As Rosie Stella and Kelly all walk into the hospital and wait in the reception where there meeting Steph Mangel...