Sofia's First Chemo Session Part 3 Day 1

Now Dr Weathers has entered The Caseys room to check on his youngest patient ever 8 week old Sofia Rose. "Hello where's Sofia"Dr Weathers asks. "She's with her mommy as she has her food"Matt said as he walks up to Gabby. "Hello Gabby has Sofia finished yet"Doctor asks. "Almost do you want her in her cot"Gabby asks. "Yes please"Doctor says. As Gabby gets off the sofa as the doctor grabs hold of her packet of milk and as they walk over to the cot and as the doctor hangs up the milk Gabby puts her daughter down in her cot so she can be checked on as 4 hours in to her chemotherapy session. "Have you been keeping a check on her progress"doctor asks. "Yes we have doctor she was sin pain and crying at 9:30 and at 11:50 feeling cold"Matt said.

As Sofia is on the bed Doctor Weathers takes his thermometer out and sticks it in her ear and then he takes note of it in her charts then he checks her over and notices that she's in real pain as she's crying loads especially when she's being touched. "Doctor why is Sofia crying"Gabby asks. "I think Sofia's in pain from having her chemotherapy"doctor says. "Will you be giving Sofia anything for the pain"Matt asks. "I think Sofia's too young for the medication that we normally prescribe our patients who's been diagnosed worth a Brain Tumour"doctor says. "Can she have Calpol"Matt asks. "I'll try half the amount"doctor says. "Thanks"Gabby says.

As Doctor Weathers gives Sofia some Calpol her temperature goes back to normal as he administers another set of chemo drugs before 3pm when she has her last set of drugs off the day. "It's okay Sofia"doctor says. "Doctor where did this come from"Matt asks. "It was sent to the ER for you both"Dr Weathers said. "Babe theres a postage mark on the parcel"Gabby says. "Where does the postage mark from"Matt asks. "Florida love"Gabby says. "This parcel is from Heather Griffin and Ben Darden"Matt says as the parents open the parcel and straight away theres a card that says To the Doctor and Nurses. "This is for you l"Gabby says. "What else is there"Matt says. "Theres loads of baby items photos pre-packed food and letters"Gabby said. "Why don't we put the photos up on the side"Matt said. "Yes we can"Gabby said.

As Gabby and Matt unpack the parcel they notice the pictures are the latest ones when they came down for the memorial service for Andy and a few classic ones of the family when the twins were born. "They've chosen well"Gabby says. "They certainly have"Matt said. "Why don't we read the letters that Heather and the boys have put in while Sofia is with the doctor and Isabella is asleep in her rocking chair"Gabby said as she got the 3 letters out of the parcel an the first one is for the both of them. Dear Matt and Gabby my heart dropped when you told me what Sofia is going through the boys wanted to do something as soon as I told them we've included some of you favourite packed snacks and some adorable clothes for them and also the boys wanted you to have some special photos of you two with us two before Andy died. If you need anything even if its a talk you know where I am were all here for you both. From Heather Griffin and Ben Darden. "OMG thats adorable whats said"Gabby said. "I agree babe"Matt said.

"What's in the boys letters Matt"Gabby asks. "Why don't we open them together love"Matt said. "I agree love then I need to get something to eat"Gabby said. "I'll get something to eat too"Matt said. As the parents open the letter from Griffin and Ben and they realise that theres pictures o them all and something special for all 4 of them. "Wow these look incredible"Gabby says. "They certainly do Gabby"Matt said as he lifted them out of the box and onto one of their tables thats in their room. "Guys what are they"Dr Weathers asks. "Theres necklaces for the girls and we've got something to"Gabby says. "Theres a little note on the two boxes"Matt says. "What does it say babe"Gabby says. "It says these two necklaces can be adjusted as they grow up"Matt says as Gabby picks up the photos and puts them over on the big side table.

As Gabby and Matt walk over to he fridge after setting the pictures up that was sent from Heather Griffin and Ben Darden who live in Florida and asHeather is in charge of making sure that that everything and everyone is doing what they should be. As they open the fridgeGabby notices that they've both got some of her Greek yogurt left and that her brother Antonio will have to do some shopping for them today at some point. "Babe we need to ask my brother to see if him and Laura can do some errands for us"Gabby asks. "Yes it's got to last us til the 23rd which is the day before the meeting or til the 25th which is the day after it"Matt said. "I think the stuff will only last us til the 23rd which is when I'll ask him to get the next lot of stuff'Gabby said.

While Doctor Weathers leaves the room as he goes and sees his other patients in his care as Gabby and Matt do two shopping lists one for tonight and the other one for the 23rd as Kelly and Stella who is now 17 weeks pregnant is getting bigger slowly and with not due for another scan til the end of the week who are both helping The Caseys with work as they've got personal problems to deal with. "Stella Shay we should get back to work"Kelly says. "Yes please we should"Shay and Stella said. "Let's go then as I need to talk to Christie and Antonio while you and Shay can get out All of the latest figures up that we'll need for Fridays meeting"Kelly says as they all walk back inside the building after having their lunch. "Hi Julie is Christie in the back"Kelly says. "Yes she's in the back"Julie says. "Thanks Julie"Kelly said.

As Kelly walks down the corridor and as he approaches the door her knocks on it. "Hello Christie can I come in please"Kelly skied. "Of course you can Kelly"Christie said. As Kelly enters the room to talk about the business. "How's Matt and Gabby doing"Christie asks. "Matt and Gabby are okay"Kelly said. "Thats good news"Christie said. "Matt's asked myself and Stella to take their place for the time being"Kelly said. "Thats an understandable as you're a firefighter"Christie said. "The first meeting is this Friday supposed to be in August"Antonio said. "Thats correct"Christie said. "Antonio Matt wants the meeting to be recorded"Kelly said. "Don't worry I'll be discreet"Antonio says. "Thanks"Christie and Kelly both say. "I'll go to Firehouse 51 and some of the others and grab the figures"Kelly said. "That will be great"Christie said. "I'll take Stella with me and Shay will be okay here as I shouldn't be too long"Kelly said.

As Kelly walks out of the corridor and back to the main entrance where Stella is waiting for him and they both go to the small office where Mr. Rogers and Martina are talking about stuff. ""Hello Kelly"Mr Rogers said. "Hello Mr Rogers"Kelly and Stella both say. "What can I do for you both"Mr Rogers asked. "Matt has asked us two to fill in for them both in the mean time"Kelly said. "Where to then boss"Mr Rogers said. "Firehouse 51 first please"Kelly and Stella both say. "No problem guys"Mr Rogers said as they all walk to the car thats parked in the carpark round the back...