Chapter 42

As Stella Rosie and Kelly wait in the waiting area to see Doctor Steph Mangel but before she can come out with all the documents she goes and checks on the two patients and when she checks in on them the woman is having a fit while still connected to a machine which is helping her breathe. "Doctor Vallen I need help with this patient she's having a massive fit"Doctor Mangel says. "What needs doing"Dr Vallen asks. "All the checks please that you can do including a MRI please"Steph asks. "Yes doctor"Dr Vallen says. "Is she alive"Steph asks. As Doctor Vallen goes and checks Laverne and there's a slow pulse but it's very weak. "Doctor theres a pulse"Dr Vallen says. "Dr Wollen can you assist please with Dr Vallen"Steph asks. "Yes doctor"Dr Wollen says. "I'm off to talk to the family please don't disturb me unless its a real emergency"Steph Mangel says as she leaves Laverne in the hands of the doctors and makes her way to the waiting area to see the family.

As the family have been waiting for 10 minutes an Steph Mangel arrives. "Thanks for coming on short notice why don't we go to my office to talk"Steph Mangel says. "Yes please doctor as I need to sit down whenever I'm able to"Stella says. "Anyway we'll have privacy there guys"Steph Mangel says. As Steph takes Kelly Rosie and Stella to her office to let them know whats happened recently to Laverne and Ray since they left on Friday afternoon. As they approach the office they all walk inside and as everyone's sits down ready to hear the latest news about there lived ones. "Why don't we all take a seat then I can explain to you what's happening"Steph says. "Yes please doctor"Rosie says.

"Let's start with Raymond Lance Kidd guys"Dr Steph Mangel says. "How is our Uncle doing"Stella asks. "It's not good news guys"Dr says. "Whatever is it we can do this as a family"Kelly says. "Rosie how as your uncle been doing before you found him unresponsive"Dr asks. "He's been off work for a while and he's been complaining of pain and he was going to see his GP on the day he collapsed he went to see his nurse and I think she took a blood test"Rosie says. "We got all that in front of me right now"Steph says. "What does it say doctor"Kelly asks. "This picture on the left is the one that was taken on Friday morning when he was brought in and the one on the right was taken in the last 8 hours"Steph says.  "I don't see any change doctor"Kelly says. "Your Uncle Ray has Skin Cancer but thats only the beginning of it"Steph says.

"What do you mean its only the beginning and how long as he got left"Rosie and Stella both asks. "It looks like he's had it for a while and we're not sure how long he's got left until his Cancer Doctor comes down here today"Steph says. "Are you saying that if he's had it for a while theres a chance that it might've spread"Kelly says. "I don't want to speculate anything til I'm one hundred percent right and his Cancer Doctor takes a look at it"Steph says. "Thats a good point doctor"Kelly says. "Has he woken up yet"Rosie and Stella both ask. "No change yet he's still on a machine thats breathing for him but once the doctor has come down to talk to me we'll evaluate him then"Steph says. "When can we go and see them both"they all ask. "Not right yet as Dr Vallen and Dr Wollen are seeing to your Auntie at the moment"Steph says.

"What's wrong with our Aunt Laverne doctor"Stella asks. "When the paramedics brought her in on Friday morning after being found unresponsive and was being sick we done tests on her and what we noticed is that"Steph says. "What have you noticed doctor"Kelly says. "Before I show you the two scans I want to ask you something"Steph says. "Anything doctor"Rosie says. "Is there any history of anything in the family"Steph asks. "I'm not sure doctor does it say anything in her medical records"Stella says. "I've got your Aunts medical history and what it reads in it and what shows us on both scans is what we all thought"Steph says. "What does the scans shows and what does it say in her medical history"they all ask. "Rosie has your aunt ever said that she was feeling sick or complaining about anything recently"Steph asks. "Nothing out of the ordinary"Rosie says.

"Doctor whats going on"Kelly asks. "Your Aunt Laverne has Heart Cancer thats whats in the family history"Steph says. As the family is trying to comprehend whats going on Rosie runs from the office and straight outside the front of the hospital. "Stella I'll go and talk to her"Kelly said. "Thanks love"Stella said. While Kelly goes and talk to Rosie while Steph talks to Stella "Rosie I know you're sad but you can talk to me tho"Kelly said. "I don't want them to die as my parents died before I got the chance to meet them"Rosie sys. "I know how you feel my dad wasn't around for me when I was growing up but Stella and I want you around"Kelly says. "I'm not going to do anything silly Kelly"Rosie says. "Why don't you let met help you"Kelly says. "Can we go back inside please"Rosie asks. "Of course we can"Kelly says.

Back in the office while Stella pops out to the restroom Dr Vallen pops in to see Steph. "Doc we've stabilised Laverne but what we discovered is life threatening  and if we don't do it she'll die for sure"Dr Vallen says. "Make sure you get the heart doctor on board please"Steph says. "I'll get onto it straight away doctor"Dr Vallen says. "Speak soon"Steph says. As Doctor Vallen leaves the office as Stella Kelly and Rosie arrive back to the office and there worried that something is wrong and scared of what the doctors are talking about.

"Dr wats going on please"Rosie asks. "There is something we found out that's happening and it's life threatening"Doctor Steph Mangel says. "Please doctor you're worrying my fiance and her sister"Kelly says. "Sorry to keep you waiting for soo long we just wanted to be sure"Steph says. "What's the diagnosis doctor on our Auntie Laverne"Stella and Rosie both say..