Bonus Chapter 7: everything

Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you like it?" he whispers as we sit on the couch.

"It's beautiful," I say as I stare at the diamond ring on my finger.

I was lying against his chest on the couch, staring at my hand which seemed like a piece of art.

"I was scared it wouldn't fit," He says as he runs his fingers up and down my arm.

"It's perfect, Garrett," I say as I look over my shoulder at him.

He smiles at me before he places a soft kiss against my lips. We pull away and I go back to staring at my hand. I never wanted to take my eyes off it.

"Taylor?" He asks.

"Mhm," I hum.

"I want you to know that even if we weren't having this baby. I was going to propose to you soon," He says.

I look back at him in shock, "You were?" I ask.

He nods.

I smile.

"I just couldn't figure out how or what ring to get you," He says.

I let out a small laugh. I loved this man with everything inside me. My love for him consumed me completely.

I lean my head back against his chest and smile back down at my hand. He chuckles as he takes his hand and interlocks it with mine.

We both sat there and listened to the song that played on the speaker in the living room. It was Tejano Blue by Cigarettes After Sex.

It was the perfect moment.

"I can't wait to call you my wife," He says.

"Me too," I say.

"Taylor Gray," He says.

I laugh.

"Unless you wanna keep your last name," He says.

"No, Taylor Gray," I say.

He smiles as he wraps his arms around me.

"Taylor Gray," He says again.

I laugh before I look up at him. He was staring down at me. I wasn't sure what was gonna happen in the future. I wasn't sure how'd we handle this or how'd we raise this child. But as long as he was by my side, I was sure that we'd figure it out.

~~~~~~~~~~

I talked to my mom about setting things up for our wedding, we wanted to have it after the baby. I was excited to get married to him. To start a new life with him.

"If it's a girl you should name her something short and cute," Lily says as she stuffs her face with blueberries.

"What if it's a boy?" Jules asks her from across the table.

"Oh my god, if you guys had a boy he would be so attractive," Dakota says.

The four of us came out to lunch while the boys were busy with their own things. We were currently trying to figure out names for the baby. But I thought it was just fun to watch how excited they were.

"I'm fine with any gender," I say as I take a sip of water.

"That's good," Lily smiles at me.

"I have a few names, but I don't know yet," I tell them.

"What names does Garrett have?" Jules laughs a little.
"Really dumb ones, he wants to name a boy Desmond Benjamin," I laugh.

They all giggle and shake their heads.

"He thinks it sounds royal, but I just think it's long," I say.

We all laugh and I smile as I think about him. I think of one exact memory that I had from when he got me a car.

"You're gonna make me late to my interview ," I tell him as he holds my hand and leads me out of the house.

"It'll only take a second, Tay-Tay," He says as he looks at me with a smile.

I sigh and nod. It already took me forever to wait for the uber to come since I didn't have a car anymore. It broke down and I didn't have enough money to get it fixed so I've just been walking or getting a uber if it was too far for the last month and half.

Garrett covers my eyes with his hands and tells me to stop walking.

"Ready?" He asks from behind me.

"I'm scared," I say.

He chuckles before he uncovers my eyes to reveal a white convertible.

"Oh my god," I feel tears form in my eyes as I stare at the car.

"It's all yours," He says as he hands me the keys.

I look at him and he smiles proudly at me.

"You bought this for me?" I ask in shock.

He nods, "My dad made me and Connie a savings account when we were in highschool. He said to only use it in case of an emergency. This seemed like an emergency," He explains.

"Garrett," I whisper.

"I don't want you walking everywhere all alone," He tells me.

Tears fall down my face as I stare at him.

"Don't cry, Taylor," He smiles.

I wrap my hands around his neck and hug him tightly. He wraps his strong arms around my body and pulls me close to him.

"I love you," I whisper into his ear.

"I love you more, Taylor," He replies.

I still had the car, I loved it. I never wanted to get rid of it, I never got rid of anything he gave me. I still had everything. I didn't plan on getting rid of any of it. Every moment we spent together, I wanted to cherish it for the rest of my life.

I'm gonna marry him. We were going to have a family, we are going to have everything.