Bonus Chapter 8: young

Garrett

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's beautiful," Taylor says as she looks down at my nephew.

"Yeah, he's beautiful like Lola," Conrad says as he looks at his wife who was resting on the hospital bed.

I stare at Tristan in awe. He seemed unreal, I couldn't believe it. He looked like Connie a little, his mouth was just like his. His eyes were Lola's no doubt. It made me wonder what mine and Taylor's kid would look like.

I look at her as she admires the new baby. She looked so happy, she looked like she was about to cry. I was already fighting my tears, but she looked like she was about to give in.

I look back down at Tristan and smile.

"Pretty cool, right, Garrett?" Lola asks.

I look up and see the three of them looking at me.

"It's amazing," I manage to say.

Lola smiles and I look back down at Tristan.

"Welcome to the world, little guy," I say as I wrap my fingers around his small hand.

I look up at Taylor and see her smiling at me. I smile back and feel my heart ache for her. I couldn't wait for us to be standing just like this with our own baby.

It was weird sitting in the hospital, waiting for the ultrasound. I never thought I'd actually be a dad.

"What if our baby's head has a big head like you?" Taylor asks as she lays on the bed.

I glare at her, "You're a bully," I smile at her.

She laughs as she grabs my hand and holds it in hers. I loved this girl with everything in my heart, she was the greatest thing to happen to me.

The doctor comes in and has Taylor lift her shirt up to reveal her stomach. She puts the gel over her skin before she puts the ultrasound equipment on her.

"Are you guys excited?" The doctor asks as she looks at the screen, searching for the baby.

"Yeah, really excited," I tell her.

Taylor looks at me and smiles.

"Oh, there's the baby," The doctor says.

We both look at the screen and my eyes focus on the faint shadow of our baby. I felt my heart race, it was real, everything that was happening was real. It wasn't just a dream, and it was all just hitting me right now as I stared at the screen.

"Oh my god," Taylor says as she looks at the screen.

I squeeze her hand as I look at her.

We did it.

~~~~~~~~

We already figured a lot of things out for our wedding. The date would be June 8th, which was months away. Our baby was expected to come in December, so it made sense to have the wedding after our angel gets here. We already figured out the venue for the wedding, so that was out of the way which was a relief.

"I like that for the invitation," I tell Taylor as she shows me the wedding invitation that she came up with.

"Okay, perfect, Jules told me she'll help get all those out. I wrote one for your dad, but if you don't want him there, that's fine," She explains.

I smile and look at her, "Send it, if he shows up, he shows up," I say.

She nods before placing a kiss on my cheek.