Bonus Chapter 12: our family

Garrett

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They're so perfect," I whisper as I look down at my daughter.

"I know," Taylor says as she holds our son.

I smile down at her as she lays in the hospital bed, our son wrapped in a small blanket. I looked down at my daughter, she had my green eyes, and Taylor's nose.

"He has your mouth," She smiles at me.

I chuckle, "She has your nose," I tell her.

She laughed with me, I felt so happy. The happiest I've ever been was when I won Taylor back, but now, I'm just as happy.

"Okay, switch," I smile.

She laughs before we switch the kids so we can both have a chance to hold the two of our babies.

"Oh my god!" I hear someone cheer.

I look at the door and see our friends standing there. I laugh as they run up to us.

"They're gorgeous," Lily admires our kids.

"Dude, nice job," Jake tells me as he looks at my son.

I chuckle, "Thank you," I say proudly.

"What did you name them?" Chris asks as he sits at the foot of the bed.

Dakota standing next to him.

"Desmond Benjamin?" Brennen asks.

I laugh and shake my head. I looked at Taylor who was smiling at me.

"Do you wanna tell them?" I ask her.

"You tell them his name and I'll tell hers," She explains.

"Deal," I smile.

"Tell us already," Jules begs.

"Everyone, meet Archer Gray," I announce.

"That's amazing," They all smile at Archer.

I look down at my son and feel my heart melt.

"Okay, Tay-Tay's turn," Chris says as he looks at her.

"Meet Summer Gray," She smiles.

"Aw!" Lily cheers.

The rest of the day we had our family come in and visit. Our mom's didn't let go of either one of the twins the entire time. Jake brought us a bag full of things for us to spend the night. When they all left, me and Taylor had a chance to enjoy time with our kids. We were a family now. Summer and Archer were our family.

~~~~~~~

"This is your mom before she fell in love with the best man in the entire world," I tell Summer as I show her a photo of Taylor at her highschool graduation.

She was just staring at me instead of the photo but she knew what I was talking about.

"What are you doing?" Taylor asks as she walks into the room, holding Archer.

"I was telling Summer how amazing her father is," I told her.

She rolls her eyes as she walks over to me.

"I need to feed her, can you hold Archer? I just fed him," She asks.

"Yes, mama," I joke as we switch the kids.

She glares at me, "Call me that again and I'll kill you," She warns.

I laugh as I look down at Archer, "Isn't your mother crazy?" I ask him.

She sighs before she walks over to the couch in our room. I follow her and sit down next to her as she feeds summer.

"I thought I was the only one who was allowed to have their mouth on your boobs," I smirk at her.

She looks at me, "You should've thought about that before you knocked me up," She smiles.

I chuckle before placing a kiss on her cheek.

We sit there talking while she feeds Summer and I rock Archer to sleep. It was stressful taking care of two babies, I knew it was hard for Taylor. I was doing everything in my power to help her. I wanted to take as much stress off of her as possible. She carried both of our kids for 9 months, she deserved a small break.

Once Archer falls asleep, I take him to his crib that we had in our room. We had two cribs, obviously. We already had the nursery set up but it was easier to have them sleep in our room because of feeding.

I walk back to Taylor who finished feeding Summer. Now she was trying to put her to sleep.

I sit next to her and watch her as she rocks our daughter in her arms. I tuck some of her hair behind her ear as I admire her.

She looks at me and smiles.

"I'm so glad we're in this together," I whisper.

"Me too," She says.

"I love you, Tay-Tay," I tell her.

"And I love you, Garrett," She whispers.

I smile before leaning and placing a soft kiss on the side of her head. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and rest my head against hers as we both look down at Summer.