Bonus Chapter 4: lovers rock

Garrett

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woooooo!!" I cheer as I walk into the locker rooms with Jake.

We sit down on the bench and start to take off our gear. I was so happy. I still love winning games, it feels even better now, knowing I was doing what I love professionally. If I could travel back in time and tell freshman year of college that I was a part of The Devils. And that I was engaged to my dream girl, he'd laugh in my face and tell me I was fucking stupid.

"Yo, we gotta take you ring shopping." Jake says as he takes his jersey off.

"Oh yeah, when?" I ask.

"I gotta see when Chris and Brennen are free." He says.

"Alright, cool, cool." I say.

Brennen and Chris became two of the head coaches for Rowan University's hockey team. Which is fucking crazy, because I thought they'd want to join The Devils with us. But I guess teaching it was their dream instead. I'm still proud of them, I miss having practice with them. I also miss the old house. The one from our college years, that house held so many memories.

We walk out of the locker rooms and I feel a rush of adrenaline through me when I see her. I smile before I run up to her and spin her in a circle.

'"Hi, Tay-Tay." I say as I place her on the ground.

"Hi." She says.

I stared into her beautiful eyes, I was gonna marry her. She was gonna be my wife. I was gonna be her husband.

"Garrett!" I hear someone yell.

I look towards the voice and see a bunch of people begin to swarm us. I look at Jake and see him taking pictures with the fans.

"One sec, baby." I tell Taylor.

She smiles and nods before her and Lily move off to the side. I talk to the fans and take pictures and give them autographs. I loved knowing that all these people were here to see our team but it also becomes really tiring, doing interviews, having to make sure not to say the wrong thing. It was like I was being watched every second. I wondered what would happen when people found out that I was gonna be a father. Or that I was gonna get married, I mean people hate Taylor because she's my girlfriend. It's always the young girls who think they have a chance with some random guy they've seen on the internet.

Once the team manages to get away from the crowd, I meet Taylor in the car.

I get in and see her sitting there scrolling through her phone.

"Hey." I say as I put my arm around her.

"Hi." She smiles at me.

I place a kiss against her head as she rests on my shoulder.

"You guys played well today." She says.

"Yeah, I was scared we'd fuck up." I tell her.

She nods and I sigh as I hold her close to me.

"So the next game is out of state?" She asks.

"Yeah, in Ohio." I tell her.

She nods.

"Do you wanna come?" I ask her.

"No, I'll stay back. I got work and stuff." She says.

"Okay." I say.

She wraps her arms around me tightly as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." She says.