Bonus Chapter 9: double trouble

Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~

The wedding was going to be small, we didn't want anything too crazy. I was just happy and excited to get married to Garrett.

I stare at myself in the mirror. My hair seems darker when I wear white. The trail of the dress was long and had lace flowers at the end. The sleeves were off the shoulder, laced too. It hugged my torso, perfectly. I looked down at my stomach and placed my hand on it.

"I can't see anything," I say as he puts the hockey helmet on my head.

He chuckles before he adjusts him. I finally see him through the open space of the helmet. He was smiling at me.

"I look stupid," I voice as he looks up and down at me.

I was wearing his hockey gear and it was not my size. It was practically falling off.

"I think you look like a professional player," He lies.

I give him a pointed look and he laughs. The rest of the time he spent teaching me hockey drills. I was terrible at them but it was still fun. We messed around till Coach Cal came and saw us.

"Seriously, Garrett?" He asks as he sees us sitting on the ice.

I pull off my helmet to see him a little better.

"We'll clean up, Coach," Garrett says, nonchalantly.

Coach Cal sighs before looking at me. I smile up at him, "Hi, Taylor," He says.

"Hi, Coach," I replied.

"Why are you still dating this idiot?" He questions as he looks at Garrett.

"I'm desperate," I joke.

He chuckles.

"I'm right here," Garrett says, annoyed.

Me and Coach Cal laugh at him as he rolls his eyes.

"It looks beautiful, Tay," I hear my mothers voice from behind me.

I look over my shoulder at her, "It feels right," I smile.

She smiles at me and I see her eyes fill up with tears.

"Mom," I sigh as I walk over to her.

She looks at me in awe before I hug her tightly, "Don't cry," I whisper.

"You're getting married, you're starting your own family. It's all changing so fast," She explains.

"I know," I reply, my heart aching at the fact that I was all grown up.

Part of me wished I'd stay a teenager forever. I wanted to go back to highschool, when I didn't have so many responsibilities.

We pulled away and she held my face in her warm hands, and I felt like a child again.

"I am so thankful that you chose me to be your mother," She tells me.

And just like that, the tears ran down my face. I pulled her back into a strong embrace, never wanting to let go of her.

~~~~~~~~~

I stare at the screen as the doctor looks at our baby. It was kind of hard to see the baby clearly and I think the same was happening to the doctor. She was frowning at the screen which made me anxious. I look at Garrett as he squeezes my hand.

I looked down at my belly that was already bigger.

"Oh my god," The doctor whispers.

I look at her and wait for her to speak up, "What's wrong?" Garrett asks, frantically.

The doctor smiles and looks at us, "Nothing, you're having twins," She tells us.

I look at her in shock, I look at the screen and see two faint shadows. I couldn't believe it. Was I dreaming? I look at Garrett and see him staring at the screen in shock.

"I'll leave you two alone," The doctor says before handing me napkins to wipe off the gel on my stomach.

She leaves the room as I wipe my stomach..

"I think I might die," Garrett speaks up.

I look at him and see his eyes filled with tears, "We're having two kids," I say.

He nods and I let out a small laugh.

"How are we going to do this?" He questions.

I look down at my stomach. I have two kids inside of me.

"No idea," I whisper.

Garrett sits down next to me on the bed as he puts his hand on my stomach.

"I hope neither of you are as stubborn as your mother," He tells my stomach.

I laugh before I gently slap the back of his head. He looks at me and smiles, "You're gonna okay?" He asks.

I nod, "Yeah, I'm really excited," I smile.

He chuckles, "Our mom's are going to freak," He says.

I laugh before kissing him passionately. He pulls away and laughs, "Can we call the twins, 'double trouble'?" He asks.

"No," I tell him.

"Please, it's so funny," He laughs even harder.

I shake my head at the huge child in front of me.