Bonus Chapter 10: memories

Garrett

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this too much for a wedding gift?" I ask the guys as I stare at our old house from college.

"I'm still in shock that we are standing in front of the house right now," Chris speaks up.

I sigh and look at the for sale sign in the front yard. It felt like a fever dream, standing in front of a house that held millions of memories.

There was an open house going on so I dragged my friends with me. I wanted to buy the house, in college we were just renting it. And we were all splitting it, so it didn't cost much. But buying it by myself would be a lot, I had the money. I was a part of the NHL of course I had the money, but I wanted to make sure that Taylor would like it. I wanted to surprise her. She's talked about getting a house like this in the future, but what if the house was actually this house?

"Can we go inside? I'm excited to see it," Brennen smiles.

We all agreed and the four of us walked up to the front door that was opened. We walk in and see different families walking around, looking at the place.

I looked around, the previous owners already moved out so the house was empty. It was weird, it reminded me of our last year of college.

I sigh as I place the last box into the back of the u-haul truck. I look back at the house and feel a strange pit in my stomach. I didn't wanna say goodbye to this place yet.

"Did we pack the blender? I need my baby," I hear Chris say.

I look over and see him andTaylor place a huge box into the truck.

"Yes, I made sure the blender was the first thing packed," She tells him.

I smile at them as they look at me, "What's wrong, pretty boy?" Taylor asks as she moves some of my dark brown hair out of my face.

I sigh, "This place felt more like home than the house I grew up in," I tell her.

"That's because your crazy dad wasn't here," Chris smiles at me.
I laugh and shake my head at him.

"I think we got everything," I hear Brennen's voice.

Him and Jake walk out of the house, Jules and Lily right behind them.

"Well, should we get going then?" I hear Dakota's voice.

I watch as she walks up next to Chris, he throws his arm over her shoulder and smiles at her.

We all stood on the driveway of the house, waiting to leave, but we had no reason to wait. But we still didn't leave yet.

"I think I need a dip in the pool," I smirk at my friends.

They all look at each other before laughing, "You're right, it's burning out here," Jake says.

"Last one's a dead fish!" Chris screams before he goes running to the back of the house.

We all laugh and run towards the side of the house. We raced to the pool where Chris was already happily swimming in the pool.

I follow him and cannonball into the pool. The rest of the group jumps and we all laugh and splash each other with the water.

We walk through the front door of the house. It was empty, it was like how we left it. The owners didn't even paint the walls which I was grateful about. But that was probably because they were just renting it out. Our landlord was really strict on those kinds of things. We walk through the house and I smile as I think about all the memories here. It was like walking through a huge memory box.