CHAPTER FIFTEEN (edited)

3rd person P.O.V.

Carmilla clenches her jaw as Genevieve wraps her arms around Jane, hugging her waist tightly as Carmilla and Cole walk beside them. Why does it make me angry? No Carmilla, relax. She shakes her thoughts away as she takes a big step forward. Carmilla looks away as she moves in front of them, walking to the entrance as the group follows behind.

"Good evening, ma'am" the security guard greets Carmilla as he opens the door for them. Carmilla takes the lead and walks in, a nod of acknowledgment at the man before she grabs a quick glance of the timid Jane.

The once loud lobby quickly turns to whispers and caving heads as they all enter. Jane looks around in confusion as they all stare back. I don't belong here, can they tell? She spirals, her social anxiety kicking in at the worst moment. Her insecurity gets the better of her as women and men gawk at Jane, sneering as Genevieve throws them a fake smile.

Carmilla's heels overpower all the sound around them, the cream marble reflecting her steps. "What's going on?" Jane whispers to Genevieve.

Genevieve chuckles at Jane's innocent question. "She owns the hotel, Jane" she blurts out like it was obvious.

Jane's attention shifts to Carmilla, the dots finally connecting. But the stares are still aimed at Jane. "Why are they staring at me though? '' she questions.

"Because you're with her. They don't know who you are," Genevieve explains quietly. She lets out a sigh of relief knowing she's not the target of their judgment, it was stares of intimidation. They feared to look at Carmilla, yet Jane was an irresistible sight, a mixture of jealousy and awe in their eyes.

"We-uhm, ma'am, we didn't expect you here tonight" The floor manager bravely stutters out as he follows behind Carmilla. Carmilla stops in her tracks and her body turns to the terrified man, tilting her head as her brows furrow.

"Did I need to ask for your permission?" Carmilla scoffs as she walks towards him, the group splitting in two as she walks between them. "What's your name?" she interrogates, her face inches away from the trembling man. His head cowers to the ground as he stares at her heels. It almost looked like he was ready to piss his pants. "I said, what's your name?" Carmilla repeats, grabbing onto his blue checked shirt, making him lift his head.

"Derrick- Derrick Martinez" he tumbles over his words as he attempts to keep his head stuck to his body. Carmilla smiles as she lets him go, rubbing her palm on the waist of her suit.

"Okay, Derrick" she states. "The restaurant is closed for tonight. Can you make that happen or do I need to book a reservation?" Carmilla asks, clearly mocking him. Derrick nods obediently and runs off to empty the restaurant.

Carmilla takes a glance around at all the eyes watching. She lets out a cackle as everyone looks away when she makes eye contact with them. "Boo" she blurts out at the group of people watching. She laughs silently as they jolt. "Pathetic" she degrades quietly.

The rest of them wait for Carmilla to move before following behind. Jane glances over at Genevieve in shock at what just happened, unsure whether to laugh or cry at Carmilla's behavior. Genevieve reciprocates the same expression as Jane, bottling chuckles in her throat as she tightens her lips. People begin leaving the restaurant as Carmilla approaches the door, some irritated faces quickly bending into a smile as they see her approaching. A young woman greets the group at the door, a short waitress apron wrapped around her tight mini skirt.

"Good evening ma'am, we apologize for his behavior." She pleas, a forced smile plastered on her face. Carmilla notices but lets it slide, not wanting to ruin the night. Not when Jane was with her. She knew she had a lot to make up for Jane, whether she will succeed at keeping her personality concealed, that isn't promised.

Carmilla turned towards Jane, paying her full attention on the her as she stiffened at being the sudden center of attention. "Where would you like to sit?" Carmilla asks. Taken aback, Jane takes a moment to process her question before scanning the tables.

"What about that one?" she offers, pointing at the table in the far corner. Carmilla smiles in approval as the woman begins to put her arm out to lead carmilla first, her action quickly paused by carmilla opening her arm for Jane to take the lead.

"You heard what the woman said" she states, looking at the pair of waitresses standing behind them. They nervously walk over to the table, placing the menus down before stepping back, allowing the group to sit down at Jane's desired table.

Carmilla P.O.V.

Her dress, shaping her body so beautifully. Her hair pulled up in a neat bun. She looks elegant. I'm feeling things I shouldn't be feeling. Nonetheless, I push those thoughts away and I proceed to pull the chair out, insinuating for her to sit down. I sit down opposite her, placing my gun on the table. I knew it seemed like a stupid idea to place my gun there, especially because her eyes focused on it for a moment, but something was telling me she wasn't going to try anything. The candle in between us lights up her flustered face, forcing her to pin her attention back to me. "You're blushing already" I mock as I lean back, analyzing her. She holds back a smile as her attention gets stolen by the men sitting down around us.

"Don't worry, they're just precautionary." I try to ease her worries. Her eyes dwell over to Genevieve, sitting at the table opposite us. This is starting to piss me off. "Switch with me" I ordered while getting up. She stands up in confusion at my request before standing in the center of the table. Pulling my gun towards me, I sat down where she sat, needing to keep Jane from seeing her. I may be too trusting, but I'm not taking any chances.

An awkward silence fills up around us, as if we're strangers that are meeting for the first time. As if we were normal people going on a blind date. For the first time, her eyes don't run off elsewhere. I'm usually better at this. My mouth feels like it's been sewn up, as I'm trying to find something to talk about. "Is there pizza?" She asks, her voice popping my bubble of thought.

"Pizza?" I would hope not.

"Yeah, pizza" she confirms with a little attitude in her tone, making me sneer at her. "I'm craving pizza," Jane states.

"There is no pizza, this is a steakhouse, Jane" I utter, offense in my voice. She lets out a disappointed sigh as she searches through the menu for an alternative. Heavy silence takes over once again. This time it's not an awkward one. I've let her down. I tap my fingers trying to entertain myself until one of us comes up with something to say. I can't do this anymore. "They'll make you a pizza" I surrender, not being able to handle the endless wondering on who will make this tension end.

"Thank you" Jane smiles, satisfied with the torture she has made me endure. I roll my eyes internally as a waitress comes over to take our order.

"So, you own the restaurant?" Jane questions once the woman leaves. She's trying to make conversation, why does she care? I'm not complaining, but it's so strange seeing her in this environment, dressed up, clean face, dry cheeks and just being normal.

"I guess you could say that." I speak up vaguely. A look of dissatisfaction arises on Jane's face. "I own the hotel, it was a present from my father." I open up, hoping she'll stop the questions there.

"Oh, that's sweet of him to do that" she voices, her words making me snicker. "What? I'm just saying he must have loved you a lot to give you a hotel" she continues, her words echoing into the distance as my mind begins to fog. Her sentence makes me shift in my seat uncomfortably, the comment triggering something in my chest.