CHAPTER FORTY (edited)

Third person P.O.V.

DAY 11 13:45

"I'm not getting on that" Carmilla declares, her eyes focused on the wheelchair in front of her as she raises her brows. Genevieve rolls her eyes, irritated at her sister's stubbornness as they wait for her to get on. "I didn't break a leg, I can walk just fine," Carmilla finishes.

"You're getting on that, you need to reserve your energy" Genevieve rebukes with her arms folded over the other. "Now come on," she urges.

"No, not happening" Carmilla persists, firm on her stance in this argument as she walks past the group. "You must take me for an idiot if you think I would let you carry me out of here in a wheelchair like some sick, old person" she scoffs. The group share a glance of defeat as Carmilla walks out of the room, her hair tucked in a low bun as it laid beneath her beige cap.

Jane giggles to herself as they follow the moody Carmilla, at least her personality has not changed. "Wait up" Jane yells out as she makes her way to her partner before Carmilla slows her trail as Jane aligns herself with her.

Carmilla's eyes peek over to Jane, a mischievous smile molding on her face. "I'm gonna fuck you so well when we get home, I've missed your little moans" she whispers as she smacks Jane's ass. Jane flinches at her sudden action, her cheeks burning into a vivid red.

"Don't do that here" Jane scolds in embarrassment, glancing at the old couple staring at them in disgust.

Carmilla's attention is pulled towards the couple. "You want your ass smacked too?" she shouts out at the judging woman, making Jane burst into a muffled laugh. Their eyes quickly shift away in a fluster. "That's what I thought" she voices with a scoff.

"Bye-bye, Jane" a gentle voice from behind them calls out. Jane turns with an excited smile, waving at the short-haired, brunette nurse. Carmilla turns in curiosity at the woman calling Jane, her eyes landing on the tall Colombian woman. Jane separates herself from Carmilla and runs over to the mysterious woman, jumping into her arms for a tight hug.

Carmilla feels her teeth clenching against each other as she watches her wrap her arms around Jane's waist. Who is she? Carmilla asks herself as she scrutinizes the scene in front of her. "That's nurse Garcia," Genevieve remarks quietly.

"I don't care what her name is, why is she hugging her like that?" Carmilla questions, an overwhelming insecurity wrapping around her. Why is she hugging her like she hugs me?

"They've become friends ever since she came to visit you here" she explains as Carmilla stomps over to Jane - who's still wrapped around the nurse.

"Let's go, Jane" Carmilla orders in a threatening tone, her eyes in war with the woman. Jane lets go of Nurse Garcia and turns to face the fuming Carmilla, her eyes piercing daggers at the confident nurse.

"Uh- okay, yeah, let's go" Jane stammers as she grabs onto Carmilla's hand. Carmilla pulls her arm away as she scoffs silently. Jane looks up at Carmilla in confusion, clearing her throat as she follows behind. What did I do?

Carmilla P.O.V.

Give her a week of me not being able to please her and she's already touching someone else. I glare at her innocent face, analyzing her commitment to play dumb. Without uttering a word, I step away from her. I can't look at her right now, not when she's replaced me this easily.

"Carmilla" Jane calls out as she follows behind as Genevieve and Cole wait at the entrance in front of us. I take my first breath of fresh air as the cold hits my face. "Carmilla, can you answer me?" Jane pleads as she speeds in front of me and blocks my view of the parking lot.

"Get out of my way, Jane," I warned calmly. Don't lose it Carmilla, keep it together. Her bright, blue eyes stare into my soul, they look hurt. Maybe she is innocent after all, or maybe I just need her to be. My eyes connect with hers as those beautiful eyes gloss up in a tear. How can I be angry at her when a single look makes me want to collide my lips with hers? I get so lost in the ocean in her eyes for a moment, she has no idea what I would do to keep her forever in my arms. I would climb mountains and cross galaxies just to get a glimpse of her beauty. She is the twinkle of light in the dark, haunted house in my mind, keeping it alight. She makes me want to live for something, be someone, someone better. I want to protect her, keep her safe from all the gore around us.

"Please don't be upset with me" her voice shatters my admiration as I take a deep breath. Oh god, I could never be upset at her. I'm not upset with her, but the thought of someone else holding her makes me want to peel my skin off. I can feel my eyes soften as I wipe her tears traveling down her cheek, her gentle skin warming my finger.

"I'm not, baby. I'm sorry" I whisper as I plant a doting kiss on her wet cheek. "I overreacted and I'm sorry, my love" I reassured, her pouting lips turning into a smitten smile. I think she likes her nickname, I know I do. Her arms suddenly wrap around me tightly, making me wince silently. The euphoria in my core vastly overpowers the pain in my body, until it doesn't. "Baby" I utter out while holding my breath.

She quickly loosens her grip in a panic. "Oh god, I'm so sorry, I completely forgot" she apologizes rapidly, making me chuckle at her state. "Are you in pain?" she inspects me closely in worry.

"It's okay, baby. I'm okay, I promise" I smile as I pull her into a tender embrace, her scent calming all the anxiety in me.

"Can you guys get in the car already?" Genevieve shouts out impatiently, her body resting on the hood of the car. Jane rolls her eyes playfully as she intertwines her hand with mine, aligning her body beside me as she looks up at me.

"You heard her" Jane orders as she pulls me along, her golden hair delicately blowing against the wind. If only I could frame this moment in my mind forever.