Chapter 22: Eavesdropping

A/n: Ew I hate this chapter but I kept going back to it, trying to figure out how to edit it and it wasn't working... so here ya go, some cringy writing.

(Smut next chapter bc this one was getting too long and I wanted to separate the smut from whatever this monstrosity is)

Severus looked around, realizing we were standing in the alleyway near his house.

"What are we doing here, little minx?" He had a smirk that told me he had a slight inclination as to what we were doing here.

"My father thinks we're broken up. What better way to reintroduce him to our relationship than with Wormtail telling him everything?"

He chuckled darkly. "Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?"

I nodded. "Peter had a thing for me in Hogwarts. He'll never admit it but James told me about it one day. I'm betting Little Rat-boy likes to eavesdrop, so why not give him something to listen to?"

He chuckled. "You truly are one devious young woman."

"I think you're rubbing off on me, Mr. Snape."

He pressed me against the side of the building. "I certainly hope so." His hips pressed against mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my lips to his.

He pulled away sooner than I was ready for and I whined at the loss of contact, which only made him chuckle.

"We cannot simply enter the house and begin fucking like wild animals."

"Severus Snape!" My cheeks flushed and I buried my face in his chest. Once again he chuckled, a deep sound that vibrated in his chest.

"Well it's true, darling. You have quite the voracious appetite. He lifted my face from his chest so he could look at me. "What I mean, love, is that we cannot simply enter the house and have sex. Wormtail will know something is up. We must be smart about this... use those acting skills I've seen you use before."

"You sure you're okay with this?"

He chuckled once again. "Darling, any opportunity I get to prove exactly who you belong to is a win for me."

I took his hand in mine and we made our way to his house, opening the door and stepping inside.

"So..." Severus began, almost sounding nervous, though I knew it was an act. "You said you wanted to talk?"

I could hear the sound of feet scurrying quietly and I struggled not to laugh. The man was not subtle at all.

"I thought perhaps we could... try and figure out what we are now that... everything's changed."

"My love for you didn't change," Severus replied, wrapping his arms around my waist. "This place has been empty without you."

"Well, you've had Wormtail."

He scoffed. "Oh please. He's more of a nuisance than he's worth. He just moved in yesterday and he's already driving me insane... always scurrying about, eavesdropping. Hell, he's probably listening to this conversation," he growled.

"I'm sorry... for not being able to separate you from them... at the time I just... I wasn't ready to meet my father."

"And now that you have?"

"He's not so bad."

"And where does that leave us?"

"Hopefully heading upstairs."