Chapter 57: Another Reunion

I arrived at Malfoy Manor and Mippy led me upstairs.

"Welcome, daughter," Tom greeted.

I smiled, ignoring the bile rising in my throat as I greeted him. Severus entered the room, smiling at me, and Voldemort turned to him.

"Is everything ready?" he asked and Severus nodded in reply.

"Miss us?" I heard two familiar voices ask and I turned to find Lucius and Rodolphus standing in the doorway, grinning widely.

"Lucius! Rodolphus!" I exclaimed. "How?" I ran toward them, throwing my arms around them both as our laughter filled the room. I turned to my father. "Did you do this?"

He nodded. "I've been working on getting them out and we finally succeeded this morning."

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I faced Lucius and Rodolphus once more. For a moment it felt like things might be okay. I could see how much they had changed during their time in Azkaban, Lucius in particular. His eyes were darker, the bags under his eyes were much more prominent, and stubble had sprouted along his jawline.

"Are you both okay?" I asked, my voice just above a whisper. They nodded as Severus approached.

"Are you happy, darling?"

I turned to him. "Are you kidding? This is amazing! I hated the thought of them in that place."

Severus wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder as he kissed my cheek.

"So," my father began, pulling our attention to him. I turned to face him and Severus moved beside me, his arm remaining around my waist. "You think I need to... chill the fuck out?"

I chuckled. "Absolutely."

He rolled his eyes, a thin smile playing at his lips as he looked between Severus and I. "So, I see Dumbledore's death hasn't torn you two apart."

My heart clenched and I could feel my lips twitching as I forced the smile to remain plastered on my face. I scoffed. "Albus's death was a means to an end. A necessary evil."

Tom smirked." Amycus mentioned you weren't too happy with Severus when you learned he had completed the task."

Breathe.

"Oh, please. Amycus is apparently thicker than the bird Macnair failed to kill. Honestly, I'd have thought Amycus would've been able to figure it out. Do you honestly think the Order would've invited me back into their headquarters if they believed I still trusted Severus after he killed their beloved leader."

My father's head tilted curiously as he listened.

"Severus has been doing this whole double agent thing long enough to know how to fool the Order. He taught me a few things."

Tom seemed pleased with this as he turned to Severus. "Excellent, Severus. You've made me proud these last few days."

Severus nodded and I turned to Tom, knowing I needed to get this out.

"Did you truly think I'd strayed from you?" I asked him.

"Truthfully? I wondered for a moment if you'd stray once Albus was gone."

I've been straying all along.

"Of course not, Tom. I knew the plan the moment it was assigned to Draco."

"You didn't seem to agree with it."

"Because you were ordering a child to do it as a punishment for his father's actions. That is what I had a problem with."

He nodded and I sighed. "There's no point in continuing to argue. Dumbledore is gone. The mission is complete."

It's over, but it's just begun.