61| Coney Island.

61 | Coney Island.

| 3rd POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"So many people," Sage mumbled, staying close to Rory. "Too many." She replied. "Agreed."

"Sage? What's that on your arm? Lorelai?" Emily asked, walking up to them, with her daughter beside her. "Oh, yeah. I was gonna tell you about that."

"Hi grandma," Rory and Sage said together.

"That's a cast." Emily pointed out."No way, really?" Sage smiled. "That is a cast. She hurt her arm." Lorelai explained. "When?" Emily asked. "How bad is it?"

"I broke my arm," Sage shrugged. "But, trust me, it's not as bad as you think."

"Oh my god!" Emily gasped. "It's not too bad, she won't need surgery or anything. She has had worse." Lorelai nodded. "When did this happen?"

"Um, last week."

"Last week? Why didn't you call me? Last week? I can't believe you." Emily scoffed. "Well, I meant to."

"How did this happen?"

"Bees." Lorelai answered.

Sage looked at her, eyebrows raised. "I got in a car accident."

"What?" Emily stepped forward.

"Sage," Lorelai scolded. "Oh come on, you really think she was gonna fall for the big bee thing?" Sage tilted her head.

"I got in a car accident," she redirected her attention to her grandma. "Oh my god! How could you not tell us that she got into a car accident? Is this why she missed dinner, you said she had the flu?"

"I just didn't want you to worry, mom."

"Yes, well, clearly there was nothing to worry about. How did she even get in an accident? Your car is fine, and she doesn't have one. Was she driving yours, Rory—wait! She doesn't have her licenses?"

Sage, Rory, and Lorelai shared a glance.

"I wasn't the one driving. It was a friend and I, we went for a drive." Sage said.

"A friend? Which friend, Maddy? She doesn't seem like the type to get in an accident?" Emily said to Sage.

"No, it was Jess." At the sound of his name, a pang went through her chest.

"Jess?" Emily asked. "Luke's nephew." Sage added on, fiddling with her hands.

"Him? I thought you were going to keep that boy away from her." Emily looked at Lorelai, her tone sharp.

"Do we have to talk about this now?"

"Yes, we have to talk about this now. The child has a cast on her arm. I don't understand how you could have been so irresponsible." Emily replied.

"Mom, please."

"Don't mom, please me. It was your responsibility to stop this, it was your responsibility to make sure that—"