67| Stay, Stay, Stay.

67 | Stay, Stay, Stay.

| Sage's POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"So, how do you feel?" Mom asked.

"Great." I replied, glancing at Rory.

"Not at all sad?"

"About finally having my arm back? No, not really, thanks for the concern though." I teased.

"Really? I've kind of gotten used to Castie over here, I mean, we decorated him, we talked to him, we protected him from getting wet in the shower." Mom rambled.

"Nope, you did all of that. I took no part. Now, I think it's time to wean you off of getting attached to inanimate objects." I nodded.

"Hello," the doctor said, walking in.

"Thank god," I mumbled.

"Alright, Sage let's get this thing off your arm, huh?" He smiled. "Yes please." I responded.

At the sound of a voice outside, one I knew quite well, I looked at Rory. I watched as a smile spread across her face

"Christopher?" Mom asked, opening the door.

"Dad?" Rory and I mumbled.

"Aha! There you all are, hi Rory." He smiled, glancing back at me. "It's still on, good. Didn't wanna miss it."

"What are you doing here?"

"Hey, doctor. I'm the dad." He introduced. "Nice to meet you." He replied.

"Alright, we all ready?" The doctor looked between us all.

"Yes."

"If all possible, we'd like to keep the arm." Dad nodded. "I'll try my best."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"I can't believe you're trying out for student body vice president." I laughed, watching as Willow climbed on Rorys leg.

"That makes two of us." She muttered.

"I don't know if I'll be able to spend the summer away from you, you're like my emotional support animal."

Rory snorted, smiling. "Hey, speaking of," she said. "Look at your laptop."

I tilted my head, confused, but I grabbed it from my desk, placing it on my lap. I checked my school email, seeing a message from our headmaster.

"Rory?" I asked, glancing up at her.

"Read it." She encouraged.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

Dear, Miss Sage Gilmore,

Courtesy of your sister, I've looked into a few programs in the Washington area. Rory has made it apparent, if she does end up getting elected, she won't leave without you being there with her.

As I've becomd aware, you and your sister work best when you get your way, and as moderately frustrating as it may be, I have found a way to please both of your needs. I care about you, Sage, and I very deeply care for your education. You are one the brightest students I've had in awhile, and I cannot wait to see where you go.

I am, however, aware of the fact that you don't know what you want to do, yet. And in order for you to flourish in the way I know you can, this cannot stand. So, I've found a short study abroad program in Washington, simply ten miles away from where your sister could possibly be staying. It's a seven week program, falling perfectly into your sisters possible schedule.

I want nothing more than for you both to thrive, and I'm confident both of these opportunities could be vital for the both of you. This program could be essential to your future, Sage. I strongly recommend reviewing it.

If your sister does win the election, and you do decide to commence forward, I will be more than happy to send a letter of advisement for you. I'm more than confident you'll be able to get in.

Please, take these next short days we have before election, to read over the website. I've linked it below. I feel very strongly about this, Sage. You can do great things, and I can't wait to watch you.

Sincerely, headmaster Charleston.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Oh my god." I mumbled.

"Rory—this is one of the best study short term abroad programs in the entire state, I read about it in 3rd grade—oh my god." I laughed, looking up at her.

"If I do win," she said, "there's no way I'm leaving without my sister."

I smiled, pulling her in for a hug. I felt Willow pawing at my hoodie strings, while Ivy layed down beside me.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you more."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺