71| Ivy.

71 | Ivy.

| 3rd POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"You two are a mess," Sage mumbled, looking down as her sister and her mom practically tackled each other.

Lorelai looked at her, smiling before she jumped up, hugging Sage. "Too bad you're related to us." She groaned, looking at her daughters. "I missed my girls so much."

Sage rolled my eyes, a smile pulling onto her face. "Yeah yeah, missed you too."

"I'm so glad to see you again!" Rory exclaimed, moving over so she could sit next to her on the floor. "I'm never leaving home again."

"Make that two of us," Sage nodded.

"Oh, those are my emotionally stunted girls." Lorelai clapped. "Hey, I got you gifts!"

She passed a bag over to Sage, and one to Rory. "No way, same." The former reached into her bag, tossing her a smaller bag. Lorelai opened it, laughing. "A shot glass with a money twerking while suspiciously licking a banana. How do you know me so well?"

"A pregnant monkey," Sage teased.

Lorelei glared at Sage, while Rory just laughed before talking again. "But seriously, why'd you get us things?" Rory asked. "Yeah, we're the ones who left town." Sage pointed out.

"I got here early and there was nothing to do except feed the gummy bears to the bomb sniffing dogs which," she scoffed, "apparently the United States government frowns upon."

"Drama queens," Sage mumbled.

"You got in trouble with the government?" Rory laughed.

"It's not unusual," Sage and Lorelai said, giving each other a fist bump.

"Also, I got you two out of going to dinner tonight; told grandma you were coming home tomorrow. You both owe the shit outta me." Mom said, hugging them again. Sage groaned, "thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Just be happy I love you."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Please? Please, please, please, please?"

Sage sighed, "fine. Fine, I'll go." She muttered, feeling Rory's arms wrap around her. "Good, cause you didn't have a choice."

"Why are you so dressed up, anyways?" She asked, looking at her. Rory smiled, a small blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Dean," she mumbled, laughing when her sister shoved her.

"You're so in love in hurts," she teased. Rory snorted, following Sage into her room. "I know, isn't it great?"

"Alright, get out and let me change." Sage said, pushing her sister out. "Make sure you look pretty!" She exclaimed.

Sage rolled her eyes, turning to her closet. She flipped through a few things, her eyes landing on a jacket and a few hoodies. His jacket and hoodies.

She sighed, quickly moving past it.

After much deliberation, Sage grabbed a long sleeve, creme colored turtleneck, a short black skirt, and a black cardigan/short trench coat type thing. She threw on her combat boots, not feeling like tying converse at the moment.

She pulled off her bracelets, seeing as it looked very dumb with tight sleeves, and slid a few more silver rings on instead.

She slid off her glasses, deciding contacts would be better. She'd become a freaking master at touching her eyes. She used to throw up any time she had to, but now she barely noticed.

"Ready?" Lorelai and Rory asked after poking their heads in the door, both of them smiling.

No. "Yeah." She nodded.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Holy shit," Sage mumbled, looking at the festival. She heard Kirk walking up to them, rambling about some kind of radio active cream? She didn't know, she zoned out.

"Do you ever think this town is weird?" Mom looked at Rory and Sage. The ladder shrugged, so did her sister.

Her eyes wandered around everything, the games, the food, the people, the colors, the stands, the music—the horrible, horrible music. Finally, they landed on someone. Jess.

Sage watched a girl walk up to him—blonde, tall, pretty, and the complete and utter opposite of her. She quickly felt her heart drop as the girl leaned into him and pressed her lips on his.

The image of what happened the night she left flashed in her mind, the things they both said replaying over and over. Ouch, she thought.

"That is not true! I'm sure these guys are all great barbers," she had heard Lorelai say to Taylor. "I don't know why I bother." He replied, but Sage wasn't listening really.

Rory's gaze followed her sisters, her eyes slightly widening beside her. Sage felt her hand in hers, but she pulled away, looking at the ground. Sage felt Lorelai walk up to them, her eyes landing on the same thing.

"Oh—Sage," she said.

She looked back up, diverting her eyes away from them. "It's fine."

"What?" Lorelai asked, her eyebrows creasing. "I said it's fine, I don't care." Sage shrugged, trying her very best to believe what she was saying.

Lorelai went to say something, but Rory stopped her. "Hey, Sage, I think I see Maddy over there."

Sage looked up, her eyes landing on her best friend. "I'll see you guys later," she said, already walking away.

Lorelai turned the her other daughter, confused. "What the hell?"

Rory sighed, "I don't know."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺