69| This Love.

69 | This Love.

| Sage's POV |

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"I hate heels," I mumbled, walking up to Rory and mom. "That makes two of us," Rory smiled.

"You look beautiful, both of you do." Mom said, looking at my sister and I. "Thank you," we said, together.

"Oh! I see Maddy," I said. "And I see Dean." Rory said.

"See you later?" The three of us asked. "Yes." we all said, simultaneously.

I quickly turned around, my eyes locking on my best friend. I smiled, walking up to her. "I'm telling you, Mads, you are the only girl I know who looks this good in pink."

"Stop it, you look absolutely amazing." She laughed, hugging me.

"Oh my god," we both said, turning to Kirk who was know singing something about walking at midnight. "This is my hell," I nodded.

"Oh come on! It's not that bad. Remember the shinning movie in the park? That was peak hellness." Maddy teased.

I groaned, "I forgot about that."

She giggled, "my mom certainly hasn't." I started walking, her beside me. "Yeah, definitely wasn't the best first impression."

"You could say that again."

My eyes landed on my dad and Rory, him nodding for me to come over. "I'll see you in a bit?" I asked. She nodded, "yes ma'am." I walked over to them.

After a moment, we found ourselves walking on the path through the trees, Rory standing between dad and I.

"So, I'm guessing your mom talked to you both."

"She talks to us about a lot of things." Rory nodded. "Specifically things we don't want to know." I added.

"And, she told you what we discussed?"

"She may have mentioned something," I glanced at Rory, a teasing smile on my face. "Yeah, I think I remember a detail or two." She replied.

"And, what do you two think about all of this?" He asked.

I shrugged, looking down. "Depends."

"Yeah," Rory nodded. "What are you intensions?"

"What?" Dad laughed.

"What are you intensions with our mom?" We said, together.

"It's a very simple question." I said.

"Are they honorable?" Rory titled her head.

Dad smiled, looking between the two of us. "Completely honorable."

"Are you sure?" Rory slowed down, I stopped beside her. "Yeah, because if you aren't, this can't happen. You've left enough times for us not to trust this."

"And we take disappointment very hard. Property damage is often involved." Rory nodded. "We need complete and utter reassurance you're in this. Not only for us, but for mom." I crossed my arms. "Plus, we know how to hide a body." We both said.