28.

TWO DAYS LATER.
IMADE'S POV.

It was now Monday and I hadn't gotten my shit together. I still felt reluctant to express myself to him and my negative energy was still radiating. I don't know what to do even though Amarachi had clearly told me to just tell him this exact same thing, I had the fear that he would laugh in my face and gather his guys to do the same.

It just reminded me that I wasn't completely healed. Maybe almost healed.

I just arrived back from my therapist who told me to express myself so tonight, I was going to do just that.

I hated that he was giving me space, I had caught him about to send me message on Snapchat when I was re-reading our chats but nothing came in which hurt my feelings.

"Imade?" I was currently seated on a bench under a tree. It was a place where students came to just chill enjoying the fresh air and gisting amongst each other.

I looked around and my eyes went wide seeing who had called me.

"You might not remember me...I'm Diran, Nonso's friend." He introduced himself smiling. I returned a forced smile not saying a word.

Of course I remember him.

"Are you coming out tonight?" He asked and I gave him a confused expression.

"There's a procession going on tonight in memorial of Nonso." I had been sent a filler of this and had no intention of going...it was too much for me.

"I'm not sure."

"I understand why...But no matter the horrible Nonso had put you through...it will be nice if you join the whole campus to say goodbye to him." The desperation in his voice didn't go unheard.

I guess it was important I'd be there but for what?

"Okay...I will be there." He smiled widely.

"Alright then, the dress code is black and you should bring a candle. So I will see you later tonight?" I nodded and he gave me a toothy smile which irritated the fuck out of me.

He left after squeezing my hand on the table. I rolled my eyes in utter irritation and watched his retreating figure.

I sighed deeply turning back reading and munching on snacks like Munch It the yellow one's specifically because they were honestly the best in my opinion.

I was drawing a graph for an assignment while waiting for the girls arrive.

"Yoo." Ella hollered smiling widely. She was dressed in a white sleeveless crop top and baggy jeans covering herself in black flannel shirt.

"Heyyy." I stood up and gave a much needed hug. I missed her so much so I squeezed her tight making her giggle.

"Don't fucking kill me." She tried to pull away but I laughed hugging her more.

"Uggghh." She playfully whined then patted my back softly.

"Better." I let her go and she chuckled sitting next to me.

"How far with you? How have you been?" I asked and her smile faded.

"I'm good, what about you? Heard you and your mans aren't speaking that's why he wants to kill me." She changed the attention from her to me and I rolled my eyes at that.

"We will be alright, I'm going to talk to him tonight."

"You better. And tell him everything going on in your head." I took her in an advise all ready planning to do that.

"So----" I cut myself off when I saw Angie approaching. Let's just say they didn't want to be in the same place for close to a month now.

Ella turned around and Angie's smile turned into an annoyed expression. While Ella facepalmed and sighed deeply.