35.

DIVINE'S POV.
THAT SAME NIGHT.

"But I'll be your woman always
Always and forever.."

She folded her arms across her chest, and I don't know if it was because I hadn't seen her in a while or maybe it's the weed but my girl was just glowing. She had barely said two words to me after I literally kidnapped her.

We were now going for a night drive and if things go well, I will have my babygirl in my arms tonight.

"Where are we going?" She asked and I remained silent. She huffed bringing out her phone and texting away.

"Who you talking to? Your Ghanian man?" She looked shocked at first but quickly masked it.

"Yes, you need a picture?" I scoffed keeping my eyes on the road and through the corner of my eye, I saw a small smile on her face with her eyes fixed on her phone.

"Aye Imade, I just wanted to talk to you. Don't be talking to another nigga, focus on me. And I'm not even joking 'cause that's just disrespectful. " I told her seriously and she stifled a laugh.

"Divine or Rema whichever. I don't want to talk to you so please pull over so I can get a ride or just take me home thank you." I knew this side of her all too well. She was pissed and hurt which was completely understable.

The car was silent and I took a moment to gather my words.

"How you been? You can play any song you want to play by the way." I told her and she did just that.

"The song I'm about to play, don't let it give you ideas. I just like it." I smirked already about to get any ideas.

Always n Forever by Mariah The Scientist Ft Lil Baby began to play and I listened to each line intently already smiling to myself.

"I have been good. Extremely good by the way, happy with my new man and friends." Imade replied to my previous question and I smacked my lips.

"Sure. You missed me as much as I missed you. That's why you're here at this time of the night literally serenading me with this song." She gaped then laughed shaking her head.

"But you shoulda known it
That I wasn't goin'
And I know you noticed I've changed
But I'll be your woman always
Always and forever
Always
Always and forever
Always, always (Baby)"

She didn't utter a word and changed the song after Lil Baby's part. Ckay's Mmadu played after and watching the smile growing my face. She sucked her teeth playfully gazing out the window.

"I missed you though.. I know I hurt you badly----"

"You didn't. You mistook saving a damsel in distress for love. I can't even lie that I didn't love you because I did and do. All of that doesn't matter anymore, I will unblock you and follow you on Instagram. We can be friends from afar..." She trailed off and I laughed humourlessly at her words.

We came to a stop at a traffic light. Her head was down and her goofy, annoyed self was gone. Hurt was writing all over her face and she blinked her eyes repeatedly obviously fighting the tears.

"I don't know what I said that's funny." Her voice cracked slowly turning her heads towards me.

"Nothing just the fact that you think we can JUST be friends." She rolled my eyes but I kept going turning serious.