39.

JESSICA'S POV.
8A.M(AT HER APARTMENT).

"Yeah, I quit work at the strip club." I smiled talking to someone I had met about a month ago. He resided in Ghana and promised to take care of me so long as I stopped stripping.

I researched and discovered he was a big business man owning chains of company in Nigeria, now he had sent me an allowance of 250k for the month. Bills such as rent, food stuffs, school dues were all taking care of separately. That was just for upkeep.

I was no fool though, he said he wanted nothing in return but I knew he did. I loved the independent woman lifestyle but it was getting tiring, but I have made a promise to myself to get a job with my degree as soon as I graduate. Success would have never have to suffer this way which is why I told her everything and we cried together. She promised to just make me proud.

"Good. I'm proud of you okay? I will call you tomorrow or later night." He said and I smiled nodding my head.

"Have a nice day."

"You too beautiful." I hung up afterwards taking a deep breath.

He was just too good to be true but with how handsome and sexy he was, I was down for anything he was into.

I laughed at the thought and headed straight into the kitchen. Success had gone for classes and as I didn't have any, I decided to make Egusi soap and semo, so we could eat later this afternoon. For this morning, noddles and sausage all the way.

As I brought out the ingredients, an urgent knock rang through the door. I frowned wondering who it could be, I rushed to the door and asked,

"Who Is it?"

"Open up Jessica." Though I didn't recognize the masculine voice, I slight opened up only to be met by Nonso's friend, Diran.

"What?" He simply opened the door wider and walked straight in. I was dressed in a white botty shorts and a small top to match leaving a lot of skin out. I didn't want to look like this in front of Diran because we just might have fooled around a few times behind Nonso's back and the last thing I needed was Nonso's dumbass back in my life.

"Come and give a hug." He seemed sad and in a vulnerable state, so I asked stepping closer to him, "What's wrong?"

"It's just been a rough week Jess. You heard about Nonso?" He pulled me for a hug as he spoke and I embraced him rubbing his back soothingly.

"No, what happened?" I tried to pull away but he held me closer to him with his hands  travelling down my back until he cupped my ass, it was then I knew what time he was on so I pushed him away.

"What do you want Diran? I'm not interested in all of that and for sure not a pass around between y'all so if you know what's good for you lea-----"

"Nonso is dead. For real this time." He cut me off and I chuckled dryly.

"Yeah okay. That's none of my business if that is true which I strongly doubt it is. You guys should just think of a new strategy to keep his name relevant on God." He sucked his teeth with annoyance radiating off of him.

"He's dead, his body was found under the bridge. If you don't care that's heartless but understandable. But I need some loving before I start taking the necessary measures." I looked at him from head to toe with irritation.

"Go to your mother for loving. But what do you mean you're taking needed measures?" He hissed mugging me but I needed to know.

"You know what fuck you Jessica. Just tell that Imade girl to watch her back because I know her and the new nigga she's fucking, have something to do with this." He spoke and my heart raced at the thought of him coming for that girl after all the bullshit she had been through with Nonso.