38.

IMADE'S POV.
SAME DAY.

I pouted leaning back on my seat as I took a sip out of strawberry smoothie. I was alone seated in the mall with about three shopping bags next to me, one contained about the gown I planned to wear tonight and a new set of underwear just incase. I had gotten food from Chicken express for Divine who was unable to come with me as he was making a few finishing touches to his verses in the Mavins album dropping. He handed me his card with the pin and had a guard accompanying me but I wish he was here.

Look at me getting clingy. I chuckled to myself.

I was about to take my leave when I spotted two familiar faces. Our eyes locked and I smiled small watching as Angie pulled Ella, the two strolled towards me though it wasn't a far distance.

"Imade! Girl, how have you been?" I stood up  giving Angie a small hug.

"You know I have been good." I answered and she smiled pulling away.

"Hey." Ella and I said in unison. I waved and noticed Angie rolling her eyes at the interaction. She took a seat next to me and Ella gave her a look but she ignored it.

We all took a seat and the air on the table was filled with an awkward silence.

"I see you..are still going to the gym. Everything you have been doing has just been working. Like your skin is glowing, body is bodying." Angie complimented and I giggled.

"Fr. You're looking and smelling like a million bucks. Shey?" She turned to look at Ella who was staring at me with an unreadable expression.

"Yes..You really look good. I just know my brother is taking good care of you."

See if we were still cool, I wouldn't have read double meaning to that because friends say that to each other all the time. But now, it felt she was throwing shots at me and I debated whether to let it go or just speak on it.

Finna let it go.

"Thank you guys. You guys look amazing as well." I smiled, Ella and I were literally having a stare off right now until I broke.

"Why are you staring at me?" I questioned folding my arms on my chest.

"What eyes did you use to see me?" She retorted and I scoffed at that over used expression. An hiss followed and childishly she hissed as well.

"Stop acting childish."

"Stop acting like you don't miss me..us. 'Cause we do, and I'm sincerely happy to see you're doing well. I apologise for talking to you like that day, it did not make sense at all. I still also had the audacity to repeat the same thing with the same attitude at your man's house when all I wanted to do was hug you. I truly apologize, I take accountability for us not speaking in the last few months. I said no man should come between us but everytime I let a guy do just that. Will you please forgive me and let us all be friends again?"

I was taken aback at how things had taken a turn. One thing about Ella is she's going to apologise and take full accountability no matter what it was, as long as the relationship is important to her and I learnt that from when she and Angie had beef.

"I'm sorry too...Of course we can all be friends." I smiled and the two of us were wrapped in a warm, much needed embrace.

"Awwww...I love you guys for real." Angie stood up joining in the hug.

After hugging and literally professing love to each other, we filled each other in on what has been going on our lives. Their mouths hung open when I revealed Nonso's passing.

We talked until my phone dinged, I picked it up and smiled reading the message.

Babyboy😗❤️
Wya b?
I miss your fine ass already..