32.

The NEXT DAY.

"Hey baeeeee." Angie, Ella and Lara entered into the room with a huge smile plastered on their face.

"Hi." Imade waved giving them a tight-lipped smile. She sat in front of her dresser wearing a black hoddie and a black biker shorts. Her natural hair was packed up and her edges laid perfectly. She simply applied lipgloss from her favorite brand, Shine Cartel, and fixed up her brows.

"Ohh, are you going somewhere?" Lara asked sitting on her bed while Ella and Angie gave her a hug.

"Not really." She replied honestly because she really just dressed anticipating a call or a text from her man since he left but she had received none.

"Oh." Lara stated and Angie hit Imade's thigh to call her attention.

"So there was a surprise for you as soon as we got here." Angie started while Imade just pouted rubbing her thigh. Angie giggled mouthing an apology while Ella stood up to get the surprise.

Everybody watched Ella come back into the room with a frown on her face holding a bouquet of roses.

"Here...I'm not sure who this is from but it's definitely not from your man." She handed her the bouquet of flowers. The mood in the room changed as Imade's face fell at the sight of the bouquet of black roses presented to her and a small light box.

"Black roses???" Angie shouted in disbelief and watched Imade. Lara looked at them confused.

"What's wrong with black roses?" Lara inquired and stood up beside them to check on Imade.

"You really don't know what they mean?" Angie snapped as if triggered by the bouquet of roses.

"Angie relax.." Ella held her shoulder.

"Well black roses symbolise DEATH..and I know for sure it's Nonso's slimy, disgusting ass that sent this shit." Angie spoke in a matter of fact and Imade pursed her lips with her heart racing.

Nonso wants to kill me?

Nonso sent me roses?

Imade thought until she noticed a small white card in the midst of the heavy roses. She dug into it and saw the writing which stated,

Roses are red...man I ain't even got time for no riddles.. You just take care and everyone around you.
You played with me,now it's my turn.

"Imade, you good? What does it say?" Ella asked and Imade blinked repeatedly shaking her head nothing.

She stood up squeezing the paper and placed the roses on the dresser and taking a quick picture of it.

"Ummm...it's nothing, it's nothing...I'm good. Ella, he hasn't called or texted all day. Do you know what could have gone wrong?" Lara discreetly exited the room while Ella furrowed her eyebrow in confusion at the change of topic.

"Imade, let's talk about whateve-----"

"It's nothing, it's probably someone just trying to play silly games with me. Back to what we were saying Ella." Imade cut off Angie who stared at her in disbelief.