Kakashi's Plan - Kakashi

"Kakashi, she's not well... She needs to go home."

Kakashi rolled his eyes as he heard his advisor-in-training's voice on the phone. Shizune cracked a smile at his reaction.  He responded gently, already knowing the answer.

"Did something happen?"

"No, she's just too sick to be this far from the village."

"Did the other team show up?"

"Yeah, Hana's team is here, and she's sharing a room with her, I guess. But Ino knows what's happening. She left the hot springs lobby crying-"

"Let me talk to him-"

"Hey-"

Kakashi listened to Temari wrestle the phone from Shikamaru, holding it away from his ear for a moment.  And then, Temari's voice came from the receiver.

"She's fine. She's currently being cared for by Hana and her dogs. And we can keep an eye on her, too.  It's not like Suna doesn't have a hospital."

"Thanks, Temari."

He listened to the receiver exchange hands again, and Shikamaru was back on the line.  Kakashi sighed.

"She's-"

"Shikamaru, your mission is done. Enjoy your time with Temari in Suna. Seriously. Hana and her team can take over Ino's escort."

There was quiet for a moment. And then-

"This was the plan all along, wasn't it? You're going to let her kill herself here."

Kakashi closed his eyes.

"The plan is for her to get out of Konoha and get out of her head.  She'll be fine. Team Hana isn't going to let her die. Enjoy your impromptu vacation. Let us know how the proposal goes when you get home."

He hung up the phone. Hana would hash things out with Shikamaru, which wouldn't work out in his advisor's favor. Hana was a force to be reckoned with, and he couldn't wait until she got home so she could deal with him next. He loved dating a forceful woman, and Hana was as forceful as they came-

"Quit daydreaming about your girlfriend and get back to work."

Shizune smirked at him from Shikamaru's desk, looking over paperwork.