Drawn Like A Moth To A Flame - Sakura

"So, what's happening?"

Sakura leaned over the table, glad to have a moment to pester her friend about her love life. And everything else going on!  She had just shown up to their lunch date in new clothes that actually fit her slender frame, and her nails done!  And she had makeup on that fit her face!  And a new haircut!  She looked like a whole new person!

Not only that, but she had so many questions since Shino had shown up to her office with flowers.  She wanted to know the full story. But Ino only shrugged, smiling coyly.

"There's not a lot to say-"

"Not a lot to say?! You just move into someone else's life!"

It was fair to say that Ino hadn't been herself since the war. She had lost both parents and her Sensei, and she had been struggling to regain her footing. While the people around her were starting their lives, she was quiet and alone quite a bit, which was really a shame because Ino was gorgeous. Big breasted with diamond blue eyes and light blonde hair. At least, she was big-breasted, before she lost her body.

She could have had any man she wanted. And although she had tried a few out over the past few years before the grief consumed her, nothing had stuck. Sakura needed to find out why she had chosen to stay with Shino Aburame, who was her opposite in every way. 

Sakura really couldn't tell what he looked like these days because he rarely took his big jacket off and never his dark shades. He enjoyed bugs. He was quiet. Very quiet. And that was it. And now Ino had moved out of her apartment and into his house.

Of course, Sakura hadn't been around for Ino as much as she would've liked, either. She had lost her own mother in the war, and she had spent much of her time at the hospital after that, caring for others. If she wasn't there, she was at her house, caring for her father, who was lost in his own grief.

"Listen, Ino. I'm not trying to be rude; I'm just trying to make sure you're truly happy and not in the middle of a mental breakdown, that's all.  You seem really happy.  You two seem like a great fit.  But as your friend, I need to ask."

But Ino simply smiled.

"I'm fine for now. Really. And I get the need for worry, but I'm okay. I've landed in a wonderful place with Shino. He takes really good care of me."

Ino was blushing as she continued, fluffing out her now short hair.

"And, oh my gosh, Sakura, he has light brown eyes, and his body is delicious. He's really muscular, and he's tattooed. He has a wonderful smile, when he does smile.  He's so serious.  But he's also gentle and intuitive..."

She was practically drooling over her tea. She really likes him, Sakura thought.

"He sounds great. I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"I really am fine. I know I had a relapse a week ago when I got home, but I haven't felt this good in a long time. There's a lot of peace at his house, and neither one seems to mind the number of plants I've moved in. Or the night terrors, but even those have seemed to slow down."

"Neither one? Who else lives there?"

"He lives with his dad in that big house. Isn't that sweet? The Aburames have a whole compound, and they all wear those jackets and glasses. Isn't that silly? But the wives don't dress like that; they're actually very stylish.  His Aunties are the ones who took me out earlier in the week and got me set up with new everything."

She was really falling in love with his clan as well. The Yamanakas had traditions until they were wiped out. This arrangement could be really good for her.

"What about the bugs?"

"What about them? I'm a botanist; we need bugs to pollinate our plants."

And then, she blushed deeply, realizing what she had said. Sakura giggled. She seemed really happy-

"Hey, I was walking by, and I wanted to say hello-"

Shino was behind her; she jumped up and threw her arms around his shoulders. He took one hand from his pocket, putting it around her waist.

"I was just bragging about you to Sakura."

His face was tinged pink, but he said nothing as Ino continued.

"Dinner at five, okay? I'm cooking tonight. So, if you see Shibi, tell him to be on time."

She was cooking again?  He nodded, leaning in and giving her a kiss before giving her a smile.

"I'll see you tonight.  Hey, Sakura."

He gave Sakura a little wave before leaving. She returned it. Yep, nothing had changed, even after his trip to her office.  Shino was as quiet and awkward as ever. The only difference now was that Ino was hanging off of his arm. It was strange, but also really cute. Sakura had the feeling that Ino needed someone quiet and gentle now what her life had changed so drastically. And Shino certainly fit the bill.

"You two are cute together."

Ino sipped her tea, waving as he passed by the window. He gave her another nod.

"I know we're opposites, but it's like I'm drawn to him.  Like a moth to a flame. I need his calm quiet in my life. I just need him to hold me."