A Damsel In Distress - Ino

Ino felt a little sick as she left the Academy. She finally had the chance to do something for her boyfriend, and he didn't want her help. He left early this morning without a word and had the school nurse repack his nose. She wanted to cry all over again. The man who had done so much for her, and he wouldn't accept her help.

As she was walking down the street, she happened to pass Choji, unfortunately for him... two people who were hurting were about to collide. She stopped first, already feeling the anger rising in her chest the moment she saw him.

"How fucking dare you put your hands on my boyfriend!"

"He ruined my life!"

Choji turned toward her; they were going to do this in public. Right here.

"How?! He doesn't even talk to you! Your fiancé didn't even know who he was!"

"Someone told Karui that I let you waste away! That I ignored your illness!"

"No one told her that!"

"I was putting my life together!"

"And that was allowed! You don't owe me shit, Choji!"

"Apparently, I do! She thinks I'm the kind of guy who doesn't care for his friends! And now she's gone!"

Ino tried to calm herself.

"I'm sorry she's gone, but that doesn't mean you get to put your hands on Shino."

"I didn't hit him hard-"

"You broke his nose!"

Choji chuckled darkly.

"Relax, it's just Shino-"

Any calm she had was gone.  He was baiting her, and it worked. She got in his face.

"IT'S NOT JUST SHINO! IT MAY BE JUST SHINO TO YOU, BUT HE'S MY WHOLE WORLD! IF YOU EVER COME HEAR HIM AGAIN, I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

He looked a little taken aback. The bait had worked a little too well.

"Ino, relax-"

"NO! I WON'T!"

"You're still sick-"

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU CARE? NONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND! NOT YOUR FAMILY, NOT YOU! FUCK YOU!"

"Ino!"

Kiba, of all people, came running up to her. He put his arms around her, pulling her back.

"Don't! It's not worth it!"

She watched Choji as he watched her like she was a crazy person.

"It's not okay; he hurt Shino!"

"It'll be fine. Shino wouldn't want you doing this. Choji means nothing to him. Say you peace and let's go."

She was shaking.

"I... I already did."

"Come on, let's go then. This isn't worth it."

She felt her knees buckle, and Kiba must've felt it, too. He scooped her up, putting her arms around his shoulders as he carried her away from the situation.  The entire confrontation only lasted about a minute and was broken up rather quickly.

"I was actually looking for you; can I talk to you for a minute? I didn't expect to find you out here like this."

She suddenly felt nervous. She hadn't really hung out with Kiba in years, and Ino knew that she had taken his best friend away for months. He put her down in front of a bar entrance.