A Serious Slip-Up - Shino / Sakura's News - Ino

Shino was awake before Ino the next morning, kissing her cheek gently before getting dressed. Everything had changed with those little words last night. They had spent the night wrapped in each other; he had caressed her thighs and back as she spoke sweet words to him. He could still feel her hands on his back, loving his scarred shinobi body. He could still feel her lips against his neck and collarbones. Her breath was still warm in his ear.

And, in a few more days, they'd be able to make love for the first time. Sure, they could get a box of condoms and fuck now, but they had both decided that it would be so much sweeter to feel each other raw and unsheathed. He could be patient and wait for that.

He kissed her sleeping forehead again before heading to the kitchen. His father was already up, looking a little surprised that Shino was awake.

"You're up? How are you feeling?"

"Good, actually. Really good. I'm heading to the Academy soon. I have a meeting this morning."

"You're up to doing that without your colony?"

"¾ of them survived. Ino saved them."

Shibi's mouth fell open.

"What? How?"

"She used hibiscus nectar as an antidote. She literally dumped them into chakra infused hibiscus flowers. Most of them survived."

"And they're... okay?"

"They're actually better than fine. They're very active and... ecstatic? They're acting a little drunk, and it's not because of the poison. They're full of pollen and Ino's chakra. They've been buzzing happily since last night. I barely slept."

His father chuckled.

"You seem excited as well."

Shino knew he was beaming. He couldn't keep the smile off of his face.

"I am. She saved my colony. She didn't have to do that. And I'm enjoying her chakra as well."

Shino made himself some tea, gazing out the window.

"I know you do, Son. I hope this works out for you both."

Shino pulled out the basket of fruit for his beetles, as well as the knife and cutting board. Traces of her chakra were still lingering from last night. His heart felt incredibly light, but that might not all be the work of his bugs.

He had been loyal to a fault with more than one woman, but he had never told any of the that he loved them. Deep down, he knew that none of them were his soul mate. But Ino might be. It was so easy to tell her how much he loved her last night; the words practically fell from his lips. And the words continued as the night progressed, so easily and fluidly. He told her every little thing that he loved about her. And she didn't disappoint, weaving a tapestry of loving, heartfelt words in his ear. It was the best night of his life, holding his love.

"Okay, Son. I'm heading to the pan-clan meeting. I'll see you later."

"Bye, Dad."

He watched his dad leave as he put the fruit in bowls, letting his beetles out so they could have their treat. Sitting at the table, he gazed at them, thinking about Ino.

"Hey, good morning."

She was already dressed in a flattering top and flowing skirt. He got up, kissing her as he pulled her into himself.

"Good morning, Beautiful."

"I'm going out with Sakura this morning for breakfast."

She crinkled her nose adorably as she smiled.