Support System - Shibi / More Than Just You - Shino

Shibi was sitting at the table with Tsume when they heard Ino throwing up again.  It was the first time Tsume had been at his kitchen table as his lover of sorts, and it wasn't the romantic night he had been hoping for.  Shibi sighed, getting up.

"That's it, I'm taking her back to the hospital."

"Where's Shino?"

"He's at an overnight with his new class.  It's the first night they haven't been together, and we can't go back down this road."

"Hold on, let me talk to her first."

Tsume got up and walked to the master bathroom, knocking gently.

"Ino?  Sweetie?  Can I come in?"

Shibi stood in the hallway as Ino opened the door; he was to the side so he wasn't interrupting.  He didn't want to intrude, he just wanted Ino to be okay.  He heard Tsume's tender voice.

"Are you feeling bad, Sweetie?"

"Yeah, I don't know why."

"Come on, let's go and lay down."

Tsume walked her out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, helping Ino onto the bed.  Shibi stepped into the room, a little unsure of what to do.  Tsume was touching Ino's forehead with the back of her hand.  Shibi offered the only help he could, other than a trip to the hospital.

"Do you need me to get Shino?"

Tsume shook her head no.

She's okay.  Did you eat today?"

"I went to some sketchy sushi place with Sakura today.  I probably have food poisoning."

Tsume tucked her in, sitting beside her and running her hand through her hair.

"You poor thing, you probably do.  And the timing isn't good, is it?"

Ino began tearing up, but Tsume put her feet up on the bed, curling up beside Ino.

"I'll stay with you."

Ino began to cry.

"You don't have to waste your night-"

"This isn't a waste!  We're not going to leave you alone while you're sick!"

Shibi sat on the end of the bed, watching Ino sadly.  She looked devastated as she whispered to him.

"Sorry for ruining your night, Dad."

He touched her leg reassuringly, giving her a smile.

"You aren't.  I was afraid you were heading back to a dark place.  We don't want that, obviously.  We love you."

Wrong words.  She began to sob.  Maybe she really was going back through it-

"I love you all, too.  This is the first place that's felt like home since the war.  I feel like I belong here."

Tsume enveloped Ino in her arms, holding her.

"Oh, Baby... you do.  We'll always be here for you."

Ino gripped onto Tsume's shirt tightly, sobbing into her chest.  Tsume was crying as well.  Two women who had been through hell since the war.  He understood; he missed Torune terribly.

He went to the kitchen, fetching a glass of water before returning to the bedroom and to Ino's other side, sitting beside her.

She let go of Tsume and sat up, slowly sipping the glass.  Tsume gave him a little smile, wiping her eyes.  This wasn't going to be the night he was expecting, but that was okay.  It was important for Ino to understand that when things got rough, there were more people here for her than just Shino.  She had a support system.  He whispered to her gently as he rubbed her back.