A Better Place - Shino / Falling In Love - Ino

It had been four hours, but it had felt like an eternity to Shino.  He knew Ino didn't feel well, and he hoped she wasn't being pushed into too much-

"She's fine, Shino."

His father was sitting on the other couch, trying to soothe him gently as he read his book.  Shino looked up and nodded, but he was still concerned.  He had spent the afternoon moving the things over from her apartment to the master bedroom.  She didn't have much, but she did have a million houseplants.

Finally, the front door opened and Ino reappeared.  Shino jumped up... and was immediately floored.

"Ino..."

She smiled shyly, wearing new clothes that fit her, and flattered her.  Not only that-

"Your hair..."

She ran her fingers through her now shoulder-length hair, asking shyly.

"Do you like it?"

She was stunning.  He nodded, unable to find words as the lump formed in the back of his throat.  Reaching out, he tucked her hair behind her ear.  She was also missing her makeup, instead now wearing a little bit around her eyes and a pale pink lipstick.  He Aunties walked in behind her.

"Isn't she perfect?"

"She's always perfect.  Do you feel better?"

She nodded.

"I feel more like myself.  Before the war."

She gave him a smile.  He grinned, leaning in and whispering in her ear as he put his arms around her.

"You're so beautiful; you really are.  I can't believe you're my girlfriend."

She hugged him, kissing his cheek.  Ayami put a bunch of bags inside of the door.

"We set her up.  And when these don't fit, we'll go out and get more."

She looked back and nodded.

"Thank you both so much."

She let Shino go and hugged both Aunties.

"You're welcome, Sweetie!"

"Welcome to the family!"

Shino smiled; Ino had won their favor.  But he wasn't a bit surprised: she was lovely and intoxicating.

The Aunties left and Shibi approached from behind, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Izumi and Ayame were good to you?"

Ino put a hand over his father's, smiling over her shoulder.

"They're wonderful.  They took me out and pampered me, and it was great.  And we talked a lot."

Shibi grinned, too.

"Good.  They're a little overprotective.  I just wanted to make sure they didn't read you the riot act."

"Not really.  We did talk about that, though."

Shibi left the room as well, giving Shino and Ino some privacy.  He scooped her up and kissed her gently.

"You were beautiful before, but wow..."

She blushed.

"Thanks.  I feel better.  And your Aunties are really nice."

"They're very nice, but Dad's right: they're a little overprotective."

"Nah, they're wonderful."

"How are you feeling?"