Ch-33

The whole palace was hustling and bustling.. The kingdom of mewar was decorated like a new bride... Everyone was happy and busy specially the Royal Family.. They were way more happy and too busy.. Specifically ladies are the most busy here.. Busy in arranging things busy in making everything perfect for the function and guests and busy in preparing themselves... A lady decked up in beautiful purple lehnga was busy ordering the maids behind her..confirming weather everything is prepared for the guests or not and one by one everyone left confirming the queen that everything is prepared...this is the strongest women Queen maitri which she became in these few months months..But amidst of all these the strongest women from past three months is somewhat lost but hiding her emotions perfectly...

Maitri entered her chamber and crossing the sitting area she entered her main bedroom and saw two big plates coverd with red clothes...and at few distance her mother in law was standing showing her back to maitri... Maasa.. Maitri called politely hearing maitri.. Rupa turned around and looked at her beautiful daughter who still look the same.. When she brought her to this kingdom as the queen but her eyes are blank.. Blank like black sky.. Which is holding too much but not ready to pour it... . She kept staring at maitri .. Walk toward her and holding her hand she made her sit on the sofa and said... I am missing my chirpy daughter.. The one who came to this haveli.. Who knowed nothing not even about her husband but these three months changed you.. Everyone is seeing the strongest queen who is handling everything perfectly in absence of her husband the king.. . .

I know....that maitri is gone with him the day he left for the war.. But beta u can't keep on going like this and he really misses you allot and tomorrow he is returning...he sent a messenger that he with his army already reached out boarders..so don't worry and u should be happy beta he us coming after such a long time that also with the victory and u also know why he didn't came early he was setting everything over that kingdom that's why beta...I know that these months made you a queen you handled everything perfectly but now .. Atleast for him give us that old maitri...

But maasa.. I know u r upset from him but dont be beta.. He really miss u allot in these months he wrote letters only for few times to me infirming about his victory and returning... Queen mother said interrupting maitri...

But maasa ge could have wrote a letter to me also.. Atleast one.. But he didn't.. She said with watery eyes.. Controlling her best to not cry.. Yes bata you are right when he comes don't forgive him easily and i will also give him a good beating.. Now stop crying and see what i bought for u saying this rupa removed the red clothes covering the plate and maitri's eyes landed on a beautiful lahenga choli in white colour with golden works and heavi red borders and red blouse with heavy red dupatta with golden work and other plate consisted of heavy jwellery from head to toe... Maitri you will wear these clothes in today evening fir chanda's sangeet .. Okh but maasa these two heavy chanda is would be bride not me... Everyone is coming to look at her not me.. But beta who knows someone might look at you only you.. So no more discussion wear this today and get ready like the way you got ready on your crowning ceremony.. Suddenly hearing about that day  blush crept maitri's face.. Remembering about the last night she shared with him...

So beta see you in the evening just like the way i asked you... Patting her head rupa left maitri alone with those clothes thoughts and memorise.. She removed her dupatta covering her head and walked toward the balcony and sat on the swing.. She thought.. It's going to be sunset.. One more day has gone without you... But u didn't came.. You didn't even wrote a single letter don't u miss me and when i thought to write u a letter u said no by sending a messenger just after the day u left... She slowly lifted her legs and hold her knees close to her chest and tears fell from her eyes... I miss u badly i want to confess to you that i love you.. These three months feels like years......

Please come fast... Your woman is waiting for you... Thinking all these and crying for an hour or something she finally stopped and looked outside it's already going to be dark.. She hurriedly got down got fresh and get ready in the clothes and jewellery given by her mother in law.. With the helps of maid..
She herself looked at the mirror and she really looked beautiful... After dismissing the maids she left her chamber and went down.. Guests had already started arriving chandas in laws also came  with all the gifts and sweets.. Maitri got busy in greeting guests with her mother in law and sister in law.. But nobody forgot to compliment her beauty.. But only she knows that the most awaited compliment
Is still left for her to get it...

Hii... Today someone is looking like a newly married girl.. Said sekhar.. Chanda's brother in law.. Who is also maitri's friend before marriage.. They knew each other but by time lost contact.
In there younger age people used to say they would make a beautiful couple.. But maitri married harsh and they also lost contact as they grew up.. But seeing each other on the gift exchanging ceremony.. They were shocked and meet each other like a long lost friend and since then everyone knew about them being friends and him always irritating maitri...

Maitri turned around and said.. Soo i am a married girl i recently got married few months back... Maiu.. It's eight months back .. If u have a memory problem.. U have a memory problem not me  you idiot... And there started there friendly banter which was fine for her family but as usual bad for some relatives... After sometime the function started and girls started performing.. After that sunaina performed and it was maitri's turn to perform but suddenly the whole palace bustled with loud drum noises and lot more... Everyone got curious who came now.. That also with this much noise.. And maitri's heart started beating rapidly.. That moment only a maid rushed into the women area and looking at queen mother she said.. Queen mother king harshavardhan  has arrived ... All other males have gone to welcome them..
Chanda rupa and sunaina immediately looked at maitri and tears pooled in maitri's eyes.. Rupa got up ordering sunaina to prepare the prayer plate and come fast.. The all left hurriedly.. Leaving maitri behind...

Maitri felt like her world has stopped but chanda shake her shoulder and said.. Maitri let's he has finally came.. Nodding her head with tears in her eyes.. Maitri lifted her lehnga and ran like a mad women... She felt like if she don't reach now... Probably he will vanish again... She ran without any care of guest soldiers and others.. She finally reached the main entrance and tearing the crowd she came forward.. But the sight she saw.
Broke her heart...

Harshavardhan had a bandage on his arm and hand and she saw a plaque beside his hoarse and harshavardhan forward his hand in front of the carriage and a beautiful hand came out of it and hold harshavardhan's hand... Holding his hand a lady came out of the carriage looking down nervously.. Harshavardhan kept holding her hand and stand in front of her mother.. She did his arti with a questioning gaze .. This sight was like someone pushed a knife in her heart... And suddenly she heard.. Few girls saying.. Look like our king brought a new bride with him..

Hearing this.. Maitri was taking her steps back.. Looking at there holding hand.. And the moment she looked up.. There eyes met.. And she turn around running away.. Without giving him single glance..

A small maitri came out of hars voice but died in his throat only...

Thank u for the patience u waited for the updates... Do vote and comment and do try my other stories...