✦𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫✦ ᴘᴛ 2

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: sommerflue-22

✦ᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴍᴜɪᴄʜɪʀᴏ
✦ᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ʏᴜɪᴄʜɪʀᴏ

Meeting your childhood crush after years of not talking to each other was something you didn't expect to happen.

Meeting your childhood crush after years of not talking to each other, then went out on countless of dates with him? Never in a million years would you expect that.

Muichiro took you out for a coffee and you both got busy catching up with each other. Muichiro did go to the same university as you, majoring in Music. That's why you've never seen him around before. He was cooped up inside the art department building, practicing until late at night.

You also found out that Yuichiro was supposed to go there as well, but changed his mind last minute and moved to another city. He was studying to become a PE teacher. As expected from Yuichiro. You remembered him running around the school during recess and PE.

You thought your interest in Muichiro was long gone. You always thought that you only remembered him as a childhood crush, someone you couldn't possibly fall for the second time. But boy, were you wrong.

Muichiro was as calm as you remembered, but he had grown so much. You couldn't help but admire his pretty face every time you went out with him. You liked to watch as his slender fingers wrapped around his cup of coffee. You adored the way he wrapped his arm around your shoulder when you both crossed the street, or when he was holding the umbrella as the two of you pushed through the rain to get to a bar.

"I... would like to start over with you, if you don't mind." Muichiro said one night, when the two of you were having dinner in an Italian restaurant. (Again, Muichiro paid for your meal.) It was your nth date, nearly six months after you met him in the library. Yet, you still wondered when did Muichiro start speaking so straightforwardly.

"Ah..." You put your fork down and folded your hands on the table. "...and what will your objective be?"

"Pursuing a romantic relationship with you, of course." Muichiro mimicked your gesture and leaned forward. "If it works then I'll be your bo—no, I'll be your partner. And, if things really, really, work out... then..."

You raised an eyebrow, definitely interested.

"I see." You smiled. "Damn, you really are a man now, aren't you, Mui?"

Muichiro laughed. "I learned a thing or two from Yui. He was a real casanova back in high school. But I'm serious about what I said. If you're down, then we can try it out and date each other. If you're not, then we can be just friends."

You tilted your head from one side to another. Sure, at that point, you've already went out on countless of dates with Muichiro. You were sure he didn't change much, except for the cursing, the smooth talking he adopted from Yuichiro, and of course his appearance. He was still the soft and kind Muichiro you knew, but older and more mature.

"Alright." You finally spoke up. "Yeah, let's do this."

Muichiro let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, covering his face with his hands. "Oh my God, I really thought you were going to reject me."

"I thought you're fine with being friends?"

"Well, yeah, but I prefer to be your partner."

There were no butterflies in your stomach, but you felt your chest grew warm. That's when you kind of figured out, it wasn't just some silly crush. You actually felt safe and content with this new relationship.

Having Muichiro as your partner felt like a fresh air in your hectic uni life. Yes, you two were busy bees, always had something in your schedule. However, you were glad that you could still hang out with Muichiro pretty often. Sometimes, he stopped by your dorm with some take out food, reminding you to eat even when you're drowning in assignments and lab reports.