✦𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: slayfics

✦ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ ᴀᴜ

Your eyes blurred as you tried to continue reading your study materials. The letters seemed to start to dance around on the paper as your eyes followed them in a trance desperately trying to make sense of them.

Chasing after the letters with your eyes slowly they began to fade until there was nothing on the paper at all.

THUD-

"Ow!" You exclaimed, picking your head up off the desk. A piece of paper stuck to your forehead gently fell and floated back down to the desk. Crap, you just knocked out... literally.

Muichiro swiftly charged into the room to see what the loud sound was. He was met with the sight of you rubbing your forehead.

"Are you ok?!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah I'm fine, just fell asleep and hit my head on the desk I guess," You laughed trying to cover up your embarrassment.

"Are you fucking serious?" He said furry rising in his eyes.

You winced at Muichiro's words. "Yeah, I've just been up all night studying," you tried to explain.

"You were up all last night studying too," He said with the same furious expression. "How have you still not learned how to take care of yourself?!"

Your eyes became misty at his words. It wasn't your fault you had so much material to cover. Your studies were extremely taxing this time around, and the lack of sleep was pushing your emotions to their breaking point.

Seeing your defeated demeanor Muichiro let out a sigh, "I'll be right back," he said and left the room, the fury in his eyes fading away.

You rubbed your eyes trying to banish the forming tears away. You just wanted to sleep so badly, but you couldn't let yourself fall behind on your studies.

Muichiro came back into the room with a cloth and a bag of ice. He wrapped the bag of ice in the cloth and placed it on your forehead.

"You don't want that swell up do you," He said giggling slightly trying to lighten the mood.

"I don't think I hit my head that hard," You protested.

"I heard it from three rooms away with the door closed and the TV on. You hit it pretty hard," He stated matter-of-factly.

"Oh..." was all you could muster to say for yourself.

Sitting across from you Muichiro moved closer to rest his elbow on the desk as he held the ice pack to your head.

"I know how much your studies mean to you, believe me, I do. But, could you stop for a second to think about how much you mean to me," He said, fixing his gaze on you intently.

"What?" You asked almost breathless by his sudden intensity.

"It kills me to see you beating yourself up so much over this. Your health should come first. You need to eat, sleep, and self-care properly before your brain can absorb any new information," He replied.

"I don't have that luxury Muichiro. My studies don't allow for that much time, things have to be cut out, and recently that's been sleeping. It means so much to me that you're concerned for me, but can't you see this is about my future," You explained.

"This is about my future too," He retorted.

"What are you talking about?" You weren't sure if it was because of the delirium from lack of sleep but you had no idea what Muichiro was saying.

"You. You're my future you know. You mean everything to me and I want to make sure you're happy and healthy," He spoke earnestly.

You felt your cheeks blush at his words. You had been dating Muichiro for a while now but you had no idea his feelings for you ran so deeply.

"Do you understand now?" He asked, his eyes full of a kindness that you wanted so badly to get lost in.

You nodded feebly feeling a lump in your throat from his affection.

"Good, now please for me- let's get some rest. I'll tuck you in, make sure you're comfortable, and I promise to wake you up on time for your classes," He pleaded.

Muichiro tossed the ice pack into the trash and laid the washcloth out to dry. Making his way over to your shared bed he pulled down the covers and motioned for you to come in. You followed him climbing into the bed feeling your muscles want to collapse almost instantly.

You had forgotten how soft your bed was and you couldn't remember the last time you came to sleep next to Muichiro due to the all-nighters you had been pulling.

Muichiro wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close, "I missed holding you close to me," he whispered.