✦𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: livelaughlovekny

  You most definitely should not have ran all the way from your mission’s location to the Mist Estate during a thunderstorm. You had underestimated the rain and its ability to suddenly become much heavier when people had important things to do. Your “important thing to do” was preparing dinner for Muichirou and yourself. It has been nearly a month since the both of you had the chance to have lunch together in his estate. And it wasn’t that you didn’t trust Muichirou’s ability to prepare meals for the both of you. You just wanted to be the one to do it as you recalled reading somewhere that habits make it easier for people to remember things and you had been preparing meals since you became his Tsukugo.

  So by the time you reached, you were thoroughly drenched. Shivering slightly, you entered the estate. Walking towards your room, you make a mental note to wipe away the water you left on the floor. Changing out of the wet uniform, you dried yourself and changed into a clean and dry one. Walking back out, you noted that Muichirou had yet to return, which was fine since he always arrives soon after you were done with lunch. Wiping away the water, you went to prepare lunch. And as per usual, minutes after you set lunch down, you heard footsteps and saw him enter. You had demanded that he makes himself heard when the both of you were in the same space together after countless times of him scaring you when he walks quietly.

  You smiled, ignoring the growing headache. “Welcome back.” Nodding his head, he takes his seat and quietly eats. Slightly different from usual, you silently enjoy your meal too, not trying to initiate small talk. You were busy trying to ignore the small chills up your spine and the way the room suddenly feels too cold but your body too hot at the same time. Coughing, you continue with your meal, not noticing the glances from Muichirou. Something about today felt off to him. He found your constant chatter annoying at first but realised without it, he would be lost in his mind and detached from reality.

  Patiently waiting for you to ask about his day and provide random information you called “fun facts”, Muichirou starts to be more aware of your coughing, sniffling and body language. Your lips were paler than usual, you weren’t as enthusiastic as usual and you were eating less than usual. Everything about your behaviour today was different than usual and all the signs pointed at you being sick. “You’re sick.” He watched your body tense in shock and relaxed slightly. “No I’m not.” You smile at him. He doesn’t let that faze him. “Yes you are. Go rest after you’re done. I’ll do the dishes.” Adamant, you refuse. It wasn’t everyday he encountered people who would defy him so brazenly. When he did, he would tend to knock them out and carry on with whatever he was planning on doing. But he couldn’t just knock out his Tsukugo. Right?

  You glared at him. “Don’t even think about knocking me out.” Shocked at how you seem to be able to read his mind, he hides it and looks at you plainly. “As a lower rank, you should listen to orders. Besides, if you’re sick, how are you supposed to carry out your missions?” He was right and you knew it and you were tired and so you surrendered.  Grumbling, you walk to your room while listing out a mental checklist of things that had to be done and how to do it. Once he heard your door slide closed, Muichirou paused at the sight of dirty dishes before him. It has been a long time since he did dishes. “How am I supposed to do this again…?” Looking around, he realises how silent his estate suddenly feels.

  “Right, I should probably write a letter to the Butterfly Estate…” Walking to his room, he starts writing the letter. He lists down your symptoms, his “diagnosis” and asks about what he should do. Watching his crow fly away with his letter, he sits in silence before getting up to go train. Passing by your room which was right across his, he hears you coughing and whining which was followed by a string of profanities directed at both the weather God and himself. Deciding to ignore it, Muichirou proceeds with his routine.

  It was only when his crow returned with a letter hours later that his mind got pulled back into reality. The sky has turned darker. Removing the letter he reads it multiple times. Repeating the instructions to himself he goes to the kitchen. Taking out a towel, he places multiple ice cubes on it and swiftly ties a knot, ensuring no ice cube is able to fall out of the towel. Knocking on your door, he waited for you to respond. The door slid open, leaning on it, you looked up at him. “Yes? Are you okay?” Muichirou stared at you. Your cold seemed to have worsened.

  “I could ask you the same. Here, this is for you.” Handing you the makeshift ice pack, he watched you grab it and observe it. You looked up at him and smiled. “Thank you.” Muichirou continued staring at you, observing your features and reactions. He snapped out of his thoughts when you started closing your door. “Wait, can I enter?” Shocked and unsure why he would ask that, you still agreed.

  Muichirou took a tentative step into your room. He watched you lie back down on your bed. Shuffling over to you, he sat next to your bed. You stared at him and he stared back. “Is there a reason why you’re here?” He thought about it. “I don’t know.” You nodded your head. “I see.” You weren’t sure what you were supposed to do. Would turning around and facing away from him be rude? Closing your eyes, you tried pretending he wasn’t there.

  Staring at you in obvious discomfort, Muichirou instinctively reached out and brushed strands of your hair away from your face. Your eyes flew open. “You looked uncomfortable, sorry.” He retracted his hand. You looked at him. “No it’s fine, I was uncomfortable.”

  “Can I do it again?”
  “Brush my hair?”

  “I suppose. I’m not sure.” He reached out and brushed his finger across your cheek. Your skin was very warm. And this felt too close. Muichirou covered your eyes.“ Go to sleep.I think your fever burned all your brain cells. Who runs under the rain?” Sticking out your tongue, you reply, “Oh wow, thank you for the advice. Perhaps you should keep it in mind next time you're training.” Not receiving any response, you turn to your other side. Starting to drift to sleep, you barely managed to catch the soft whispered words “Thank you for everything.” 

 After you had fallen asleep, Muichirou contemplated leaving but for some absurd reason he felt drawn to just sit next to you. He studied the rise and fall of your shoulders, noting that even when sick and asleep, you still managed to perform total concentration breathing. He wondered how else he should take care of you and find reasons to be by your side, your presence was soothing and familiar. Perhaps it’ll be alright if he took a little nap next to you while you were asleep…

𝐀/𝐧: 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞!! 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲!!
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 700+ 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬!! ❤️❤️❤️

𝐀/𝐧: 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞!! 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲!! 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 700+ 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬!! ❤️❤️❤️