✦𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: slayfics

It seemed to take forever but finally, Shinobu had left on her nightly patrol and the other Butterfly Girls were exhausted from helping the injured Demon Slayers all day. This gave you the perfect time to slip into the room where Muichiro was staying.

You had been trying all day to sneak in and see him but were always stopped by someone who yelled about giving him space to rest. You understood that he needed rest, but didn't they understand how badly you needed to see him?

Just a peak at him being alive and breathing was all you needed to finally get some rest of your own. You hadn't slept for a second since you had heard what was going on in Swordsmith Village.

You quietly crept into the room hoping not to wake him if he was indeed asleep. To your surprise, his eyes were wide open and they immediately flashed to you once you entered the room.

You slid the door closed and came closer to the bed.

"I'm sorry did I wake you?" You asked.

"No..." He rubbed his eyes, "You came to visit me?"

"Of course, I have been trying all day to see you but Miss Kocho was a bit strict," you explained.

"I see," he said, eyes hazy. He must have been drowsy from whatever medicine he had been given but it seemed he was fighting sleep.

"You look exhausted Tokito, I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you I just... really wanted to see for myself you were alright. I was so worried. I'll let you rest now though." You said and turned to leave the room.

"No!" He said, hastily. "You didn't disturb me. I'm glad you came, will you please stay?" he said. You were taken aback by the Hashira's request and studying his expression further, something appeared to be off with him.

"You are alright aren't you?" You asked, concerned about the Hashira's downcast appearance.

"I- I remember everything now... from my past. I seem to have uncovered my memories."

"That is amazing, Tokito!" You cried out. "What do you remember? What was your past like?"

Muichiro didn't respond, instead, he turned to the other side of the bed facing away from you. A few silent moments passed. You weren't sure if you should leave or not, you began to slowly shuffle out of the room when barely above a whisper Muichiro asked, "Will you hold me?"

Concern overwhelmed you for the Hashira but you wasted no time crawling into the bed and wrapping your arm around him. You made sure to be gentle to not upset any of his injuries. Upon placing your arm around him you realized the rapid rise and fall of his chest and silent tears that damped the bed.

Mucichiro was crying. You held him a bit tighter, as tight as you felt comfortable doing with his injuries. Suddenly you felt foolish for asking about his memories. Whatever was in Muichiro's past was severe enough trauma to cause his brain to repress it. Of course, the memories he had uncovered were not pleasant ones.

"Whatever you need Tokito, I'm here for you," You said, reaching for his hand and squeezing it.

"Thank you," he mumbled, words he recently remembered how to use.